What do you find better about your Kool Glide??

John Watson

Maybe we aren't all seeing what you can do with this newer tool to the repair of carpets. Please tell us what all you can do with this tool. Thanks

John Watson

Thanks Marc, Wish I could watch them, My system just don't seem to support those videos, takes so long to down load then get to watch in spurts...I still would rather hear real life experiences from the field compared to manufactures Hype!!!!

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
What is better about the kool glide. How about not heating the tape from the backing. This details moving furniture . Pulling material off tackless. Re installing the part ripped up. When I can simply take my cool glide and re activate the tape. What about pattern run off. No need to stay nail. Spot weld with the kool glide. Patches are simple. There are different tapes for different procedures, great tool once again.

safeclean

I use my koolglide for fixing split seams, patching and anything else that needs seaming together.

I find it handy to fix those crease lines on commercial carpets that are impossible to re stretch I just cut down the middle trim the edges up install the KG tape than press the button for 9 seconds once that is done I quickly use a seam stretcher as to take away the tention if any and something flat and heavy until it is bonded.

I also use it to repair cigarette burns I make my cut as small as I can mostly small squares than one long cut so as to make it easier to fit in the KG tape that way you will not harm the surrounding yarns trying to get it in a small area. I than insert the new piece and bond it with the KG using the T mode 4 seconds than turn for another 4 seconds you can never see them once complete.

It takes longer to cut and match than to use the koolglide which is on no more than 60 seconds at a job.

I no nothing about re tufting or grafting I am a cut and paste tech now with my KG lol.

I have also been trialing fixing split seams with out removing the original tape I cut down the middle trim up the edges seam seal and re joining with the Koolglide tape and machine working really well so far.

Anyway I hope you can understand what I am trying to say as it is hard to write in procedures as every job is different and just remember to let the tape cool down for 10 minutes after using the KG if you are going to redo that area as you can cause the edges to butterfly or start a fire which has happened to me.

Craig

Stevea

John,

Many good comments, there are a lot more but you should get the picture. Since you cannot view with slow speed, I will try to send a link that will allow you to download and then play on your own computer, which should work pretty well, if it does not, please let me know.

This is a real job where I had a large seam on a direct glue down that about half of it was open, I did not bother the good part and repaired this, It is made with the double sided Kool Glide Tape. I have a lot more video on Kool Glide but this should give you and idea. Craig gave some good examples as well, I use it for fractured seams and have a repair system for that, that works real well.

Copy this and down load on your computer and it should show well on Media Player or the like. Let me know if it works.

https://download.yousendit.com/86F1D82A65CC90C1

you may have to copy and paste, this is only good for 100 downloads so get it first if you can.

SA

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
John,

lots of the others have listed great things about owning a KG.

For me, it's the pure EASE with which I can do do repairs..... and that translates into dollars. ahh, make that DOLLARS (BIG $ :wink: )

Anything from being able to finish the repair to a nicer and neater finish through to not having to uplift and re install, not having to shift furniture to be able to uplift or empty that old bookcase with 3000 books on it, yes you charge an hourly rate, but I have better things to do with my time than furniture moving etc.

What I did when I bought my first was to refuse to lower my pricing because I could do it quicker.

Eg, I used to charge $60/hr plus materials etc and so an average job was between 80-120. So when I got my KG, I changed my pricing so that my hourly rate was more like $100/hr and so I was able to get the same 80-120 for repairs but I was doing it in 2/3 the time.

I've since put it up slightly again so most repairs are now 120-135.

I also tend to piece price rather than giving someone an hourly rate.

John

John Watson

Thanks for all the Kool info, Steve,thanks for trying a different way for me to see it. I have 6% of it copied and it says I have 1hr 47 min estimated left to complete down load.

Stevea

John,

I am sorry, I thought that might work. Maybe in a day or two you will be able to see it. Maybe when we have something for you I can edit it to be much shorter.

Let me know if you ever get to see it.

Take care,
Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom