What do you guys rinse with?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Marty,

If you define a rinse as whatever is being used through the machine, then to understand you question please state what you want your rinse to do.

1) "Clean" well (because your prespray and agitation step isn't enough )
2) Rinse well (remove prespray and emulsified soil, better than water can)

I like to call those squarely in definition #2, a "true rinse" product, if its formulated to actually leave the carpet in its most favorable state. However, a True Rinse is not for every job. If you have a truly brutal filthy carpet, and the goal is an economical appearance re-generation, you may want to forgo the favorable state and instead turn up the cleaning power.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I wonder what rinse Shawn would use if he were cleaning carpets today?

I am not in a position to say. If we are speaking of a "true rinse".....

I favor 2-Hydroxyacetic acid for the pH component of the ones I have seen.
And a Hydrotrope wetting agent surfactant that dries to a friable residue instead of one that uses a dilute cleaning surfactant.

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
There is a reason presprays are alkaline; the soils tend to be acidic. A good prespray applied by a careful technician will leave preconditioned carpet in an almost neutral condition and a high flow fresh water rinse is indeed an appropriate vehicle to remove the soils and detergent without the need for additional rinse agents that create their own problems either in resoiling the carpet or in your machine through caking or clogging or even, in the case of acids, actual destruction of metal parts.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Primarily, I want my rinse to properly rinse.

Secondly, I would like it if my rinse could also clean. It doesn't have to be powerful, but I want it to have some cleaning ability. Unless you want to prespray table legs, cloths in closets and other items in homes, you can't prespray all the carpet you want to clean. So, I like it if my rinse can emulsify soils in those lightly soiled areas in corners, closets and up against furnitue, where I don't want to prespray.

Nobody has mentioned Hydramaster's rinse ... is it called Clear Water Rinse? Is that a good product?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Nobody has mentioned Hydramaster's rinse ... is it called Clear Water Rinse? Is that a good product?

An excellent product for squeeky clean rinsing, best when using total pre-spray. But if you want cleanability under conditions where you don't do a complete pretreat, look at the CRI approved products for extraction. They will clean, but importantly leave a low acceptable residue.

e.g. Dry Slurry, Soap Free, Green Balance,Liquid 90

Testing on YOUR particular soil mix will reveal the best for your situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Dfc105 is the same thing as planet guard rinse. Some one here mention Jonson relabels it as their own.

Prochem all fiber deep clean is an acid side detergent rinse with a polymer boosted with some 40 vol works pretty good.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, I guess I will give the DFC 105 a try and see.

I am open to Procyon, but I did a search on their website of thier "local" distributors ... the closest is a vacuum cleaner store 90 miles away ... and Procyon is not even mentioned on their website. So, I checked on several down their list and found not a single one who listed Procyon as an available product.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That's too funny why just today I was on the phone with Stephen Hawkings and we were discussing this very subject.
And he and I both agreed that BP's END ZONE and Hydramaster's CLEARWATER RINSE were the best to use.

Carry on you unintelligent buffoons.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Well, I guess I will give the DFC 105 a try and see.

I am open to Procyon, but I did a search on their website of thier "local" distributors ... the closest is a vacuum cleaner store 90 miles away ... and Procyon is not even mentioned on their website. So, I checked on several down their list and found not a single one who listed Procyon as an available product.
Or you could just stick with Judson juice and not put all of us and yourself through this again......and again.....and again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom