what do you prescrub with

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
We use a 175 rotary to prescrub
with. However, we dual wand 80% of our jobs. I only carry one rotary and if my employee is upstairs he has to drag it up then I have to drag it down. Sometimes 2 or 3 times each job. On a big house with lots of soiling.

Is there a small prescubber of some kind that we each could have one of that prescrubs well?

Your Beautiful Mikey,

Between $300 and $400 is a good price.

They last forever and they're great for pre-scrubing the stairs too although I think the smaller host would be better for the stairs. I think impossible to get though.

I love the pile lifting action, makes the carpets get perky.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Adam I use host when I have it on the truck. Pulls all kinds of crap out of the carpet. Ebay is the best deal on one of these. Can also check with Nursing homes they may have one in the closet.

Rotary for the easy to carry in stuff.

Brad

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Right now here is my method and then I have a question:
1.Pile Lift with Certified Pile Lifter
2. Treat stains
3. Prespray and rake
4. Rotovac Steam Clean(210 to230Degrees) with a fabric rinse
5. Groom withe the wand to get any extra moisture and check Ph

I was going to get rid of my host liberator, should I keep the liberator and pile lift with that and then shut the vac off and agitate prespray with it?

Added later: I was thinking of moving to the host from the pile lifter, that way i could just prevac with the host and aggitate with it also so the only things going in the house:

Host Liberator
Rotovac/wand
Hoses
--------------------
Right now

Grooming rake
Pile lifter
Rotovac/Wand
hoses

I would get better agitation with less work/going to try it Monday, finally have a good week scheduled

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I use a 17" rotary, but on residential I wish I had a 13". They work wonders on trashed carpet. Nuke it with some 12 PH, scrub her in and blast away!

Jester

175 rotary(pullman-holt) Fiber plus pads Does a great job but would like to find something lighter so I don't dread getting it out of the van. I use the center of the pads for furniture agitation.

Mikey P

Administrator
How about...1

1.Pile Lift with Certified Pile Lifter only when needed which is almost never
2. Vacuum CLEAN with a Sanitaire, Bissell, Conquest, Lindhuas or any other upright that has a good brushroll.
3. Prespray
4. Agitate with either a 175 or Host (sometime both)
4. Rotovac Steam Clean(210 to230Degrees) with a fabric rinse
5. Edge with the wand to get any extra moisture and check Ph
6. Groom with a rake or brush.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Host

Check some of your local carpet retailers, they may have one or some lying around they don't rent or use anymore. That's how I got mine.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We've used to pre-scrub;
Cert pile brush
175 rotary
turbo vac
host machine
and once, because I was TOO lazy to run down to the truck and grab the rotary, I used our Bissel.
I took the vac hose off turned it on and used the roll brush as my agitator.
Worked dandy fine, but made a mess of the Bissel and had to be disassembled and cleaned.
(same for the turbo-vac)
But the turbo is easier the clean

Personally, I've found the rotary to be the best at shearing soil off the fiber of all the things we've used.

A lighter 13" one might be a good choice for res

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

You're recommending an upright over a Pile Brush.

I thought you understood the difference that raw power can make in the carpet cleaning process.

No upright will extract more soil than the Pile Brush...

Even the mills have that part right:

"Carpet used in commercial environments often require more
frequent cleaning and use of a commercial pile lifter vacuum
for adequate soil removal between cleaning cycles."

RotoVac- I would just get a Nylon brush for your Pile Brush and then use it to agitate the prespray on the carpet.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

[/b][/i]

Greenie

Pile lifters lift pile, they only vacuum so so, I'll take a $69 Bissel or a $119 Turbine vacuum any day over a pile lifter.

The suggestion to check with Host rental places is excellent, also check with commercial institutions, 40 years a go the host guys were running around selling dry compound machines to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

GRHeacock

For the real bad ones (not many in my business) I preferred my Chemstractor roto.

For the rest, a turbine vac to dry vac, then apply a pre-spray and agitate it with the turbine vac.

Worked for me.

Gary

The Preacher

Turbo Steam Cleaning baby!!!

I have a GLS that has made me lots of money on both the HWE and VLM sides of the isle. the Cimex has worked in a pinch also. A 175 can't compete with a Cimex for scrubbing ability!!!

Name
Jesse
Windsor rombus great on res, ok on com. They are also easy to operate.
I must caution that they are expensive to repair, gears dont last long. on some res work it spits big fuzz balls, looks like it ate a cat. If anyone is using the new version I-Renew let me know what you think of it.

Fred Homan

How about an Oreck 13"....Light enough to use on stairs. Works great for me. I think I paid about $350.00.

Jester

I stopped using my Pullman-holt rotary because I felt that it wasn't properly agitating every fiber evenly and effectively.

Now I scrub with my trusty toothbrush like when I was in boot camp. It has been 4 years since I was on active duty I guess what I have heard all these years is true. "Once a Marine always a Marine"

When my customers see me scrubbing the floor with a toothbrush for hours my referrals will go through the roof. ......JK

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Scrub

Most of the`time for small resi I use a oreck. For larger jobs I use a 175 rotary. I don't scrub them very much anymore.

Mike Brummett

HOST machine is what we use. Ultra light compared to a rotary and very manueverable.

I have a pile-lifter that is heavier and way more aggressive, but I will only use it on a trashed commerical glue-down, and that is with the vac off, just to pre-scrub.

Pile lifters have their place, but they are lousy at soil REMOVAL, based on my experience.

If you wanna see dry soil removal on crack, just hook up a turbo-head tool to your TM vac hose and go to town. Just make absolutely certain that EVERY paper clip, penny and ju-ju bead has been accounted for first, because once you jam that plastic fan at 400 CFM, it is NOT repairable.

MIKE

Steve1

Host, excellent scrubber. Bought two on ebay for 500. Late 80's models still working great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom