What do you say to this guy?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
had that happen several times, with differing endings
remember one time they tried to clean with a Rug Dr, they only got the DR done and it turned all brown (BAD wicking)
After talking with the guy and showing him some before afters, he agrees to let me clean. I dry vacuumed a ton of soil from every room BUT the DR. Hardly anything came up.
Steam cleaned it and while it looked like a mottled carpet to begin with turned out to be bleached areas. In the end the guy wasn't happy "with the carpet" so he only paid me half the price.

DIY cleaned carpets are always the hardest to clean, and about 75% of the time, more difficult clients.
At least he didn't have another cleaner sitting there doing the work when you pulled up.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Send him a bill for the service call. In the future ask for a credit card to hold the appointment. And if they fail to cancel within 24 Hijra there will be a $50 cancellation fee. Will weed out the looney tunes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A couple of years ago parents of one of my daughters friends bought a nice large home. To save money they rented a machines and had just finished when we went to pickup my daughter. They were a little embarrassed to get caught but I understood the need for them to save money just taking on a larger payment.

I had to bite my tongue the carpet was so wet, when the walked out of the room I bent down a took a swipe with my hand. It was soaked, I mean bad, heck water losses we do are not left that wet. I felt bad for them and mentioned they should get some air on it and maybe a dehumidifier if they owned one. They questioned my concern and stated that the carpet was really bad so they went over it several times. :eekk:

Talk about mold, I was woried about subfloor damage, the carpet was already buckling from the excess moisture. Not sure how long it took to dry, but sometime it's better to spend a little money. Not saying the should have called us but even Stanley Steemer could have done a much better job than a grocery store rental. Even being the NASA approved machine didn't help.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Those type of men who do it themselves will NEVER admit that you will be better than they are.

When I get those calls I price myself out of their range because they will be the first to complain and call you back.

Cheap asses.............

Don't worry about converting them to a long term customer.

You don't have to work for everybody.............just the good ones.

Reactions: jcooper and ruff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom