What do you think?

JDeShon

I had 5000 postcards go out 2 1/2 weeks ago. So far $1100 has been brought in. The postcard cost was $1600.
Is this typical, a bad sign, or a good sign. Does the second and third mailings typically bring in more? If so, how much more?

Any advice will be helpful.
Thanks

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Usually you have to stay consistant on mailers for them to work. Your building a client base.
You should at least break even or better on each mailing.
That's after expenses as well.
Return on one mailer can be up to a couple of months. People hold onto those things.
On the jobs you do get, it is up to you to upsale, ask for referrals, do the five around and follow up on each.
These jobs or upsales can be considered in your total ROI.

Are you in a networking group?

I'm tellin you, there is no better way to jumpstart your marketing like networking.
Visit all the networking groups in the areas you cover and join the best one.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if you can keep those clients that gave you $1100, clean for them every year, get a few referrals from them, then its already paid for itself.
As long as you're getting work from a target market, I would keep mailing periodically.
How many did you send out??

JDeShon

If I mail every month, should the return on the fouth mailing produce more calls than the fist mailing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That works better with the more you send out at one time.

5000 would probably do it.

Let's talk image.

What do the fliers look like? Are they pro or do it yourself?

Do they make people want to call you or do they say "Good God, I would never use this company."?
The best ad will bring more people.
Think of who you are mailing to. Your demographic. You mght have to test a few to see which works best.

If they don't look good, talk to Wayne from PDQ. His are awesome for what you are doing.

You can send out a million crappy cards and not bring in anything.

If you can post them here...or email it to me and I will post it for you....We will critic the holy hell out of it with our brutal honesty

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i tried it
2500 a time did it 7 times
was 1100 dollors each time
10000 worth of work
no more for me
newspaper works here
just try some other types
i have and always more newspaper
i give up on the newspaper coupon booklets also the inserts in the paper
clipper works pretty well but i am the only cc in there
the old sayin have to plant alot of seeds and they will prosper sooner or later

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just never got a great return on mailers so gave up.

Went where the money worked.
Website and web ads and the networking thing again.

JDeShon

Brian Robison said:
That works better with the more you send out at one time.

5000 would probably do it.

Let's talk image.

What do the fliers look like? Are they pro or do it yourself?

Do they make people want to call you or do they say "Good God, I would never use this company."?
The best ad will bring more people.
Think of who you are mailing to. Your demographic. You mght have to test a few to see which works best.

If they don't look good, talk to Wayne from PDQ. His are awesome for what you are doing.

They actually look really good. They were done by a printing company. Used the same layout as we use for doormail ( like val-pack) and it brings back a 5 to 1 return.

You can send out a million crappy cards and not bring in anything.

If you can post them here...or email it to me and I will post it for you....We will critic the holy hell out of it with our brutal honesty

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I hear ya.
Unless you are ready to spend a crap load of money over at least a years time....not to sure the post card thing is great way to go for aquiring new custys.

I really can't think of one company (carpet cleaning or other) that has ever sent me a bunch of post cards that I have used or remember.

That's the only gage I can go on.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I only mail post cards to previous clients and I do that monthly

For new clients direct mail can often time be a loosing proposition.

There are some ways to improve the odds such as having a highly targeted list or mailing a JV to another home service business's clients.

Have the letter appear the come from the home service and have them highly recommend your service.

The best way I have found to bring in new clients for very little or no cost is by using my marketing system. Currently it has been bringing in over $1000.00 of new client for zero money or time.

Depending on your demographics it my work well for you also.

(Brian could easily implement my marketing by using just a fraction of the time he wastes on this board.)

Dave Yoakum-

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You're probaby right.

I'm just sittin here answering phones and checkin out the board here and there.

Dave,
If you send out post cards every month, you should get on the Service Monster program.

Just click and it's done.
Pretty awesome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom