what do you use.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
on a loop berber carpet..8 years old....lots of dirt and abuse .........what do you recommend.........

I hate having to play this ******* pre-spray game again.......

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If we are playing the game lets atleast play what fiber are you cleaning game.

If its Olefin.. I'm going to use Masterblend's Olefin Prespray. 32 to 1 dilutable. If its really bad I'm gonna boost it with a little sodium percarbonate.

If I'm on a job and I find I have no olefin prepsray on board and I'm using Redline.. I'll boost with the sodium Perc and maybe a few ounces of citrus force.

And of course scrub it.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jim Martin said:
on a loop berber carpet..8 years old....lots of dirt and abuse .........what do you recommend.........

I hate having to play this ******* pre-spray game again.......

I would just use what I use on all but a delicate wool; Grease Eraser . On a heavy soiled one I would add an extra scoop (3 oz) in the HF. A nice prescrub with the 175 and no one will do a better job after your fresh water rinse. But maybe Greg Cole could give you a better option. :evil:

Prespray with your juice of choice. Then use a red pad and shower feed shampoo (I like prochem) through a red pad. Rinse with water. The shampoo will help prevent wicking.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would have to agree with Larry Powerburst, vol 40, and I usually boost with Citrus Pro... I mix it like normal and use my HF at 4 to 1. Haven't been let down yet.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Jim,

I cleaned a lot of apartments this summer that were olefin. CTI's Extreme Clean mixed 4 scoops to a hydroforce + 4 oz's of CTI's Energy and POWWWWW! I rinsed with Prochems All Fiber Deep Clean. Cleaned great, no wicking issues.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
fuuuuuudge thats alot of chems :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
floorguy said:

A 7 quart hydroforce would last us 4 apartments(3 bedroom, LR Hall). In and out in just under an hour.

576oz of powder in a bucket. 8 oz of powder per hydroforce. So we were using 1.3% of the bucket per hydroforce. $2.31 per hydroforce.

I was wrong only using 2oz of the energy. So we were using 1.6% of the gallon per hydroforce. $.51 per hydroforce. $2.82 per hydroforce.

All Fiber Deep Clean @ 18 oz per 5 gallon container. 1.4% of the gallon used. $.38 for a RTU rinse.

$3.20 in total chem costs to make $125. Chem cost at 3%... not a bad trade off.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
almost what Danny boy said but I hydroforce my orangeforce prescrub red pad rinse with acid rinse.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
floorguy said:

A 7 quart hydroforce would last us 4 apartments(3 bedroom, LR Hall). In and out in just under an hour.

576oz of powder in a bucket. 8 oz of powder per hydroforce. So we were using 1.3% of the bucket per hydroforce. $2.31 per hydroforce.

I was wrong only using 2oz of the energy. So we were using 1.6% of the gallon per hydroforce. $.51 per hydroforce. $2.82 per hydroforce.

All Fiber Deep Clean @ 18 oz per 5 gallon container. 1.4% of the gallon used. $.38 for a RTU rinse.

ok so what does the 7 qt make in real world amounts...

and why does the hydro force seem to have LEss chems in it?? yet draws and sprays a crazy ass amount vs a electric or pump up type???

you know...pump up uses 2 oz a gallon, so a 10 gallon electric would be 20 oz...yet the hydro force needs 8 oz and makes around the 10 gallon mark??

what am i messing???

or maybe thats why this year i have gotten a lot of "ohhhh thats how it suppose to look" comments

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
floorguy said:
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
floorguy said:

ok so what does the 7 qt make in real world amounts...

and why does the hydro force seem to have LEss chems in it?? yet draws and sprays a crazy ass amount vs a electric or pump up type???

you know...pump up uses 2 oz a gallon, so a 10 gallon electric would be 20 oz...yet the hydro force needs 8 oz and makes around the 10 gallon mark??

what am i messing???

or maybe thats why this year i have gotten a lot of "ohhhh thats how it suppose to look" comments

So are you saying you started using an electric or pump up and got better results than prespraying with a hydroforce ?

Ron K

Post Clean, Dry Bonnet, if needed and then speed dry with an Air Path,

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Snake Oil Low Foam agitated in with the jiggler and a tuway then rinsed with high heat... Pad it out when done with more of the same and a cotton pad or 3 instead of tuways...

or if you're into powders: Clean Streak from Duane Oxley or Powermax from Cobb Carpet, I recommend rinsing agents with these...

or there is always O2 with hot sauce and a light rotary scrub, rinse and post pad... And of course use your O2 Rinse as well.

So to answer you question... Whatever floats your boat and pleases your customers.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Powermax from Cobb Carpet

if this worked like it use to I would not be asking this question..........The old stuff would of handled this with no problems.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i am saying, i tried the HF to see what all the hype was about....

then i got tired of trying to figure out how much to put in...on some chems (off shoot ones lol) :shock: :shock: :shock:

so i like having the you put X amount of oz per gallon...isnt that hard...

and yes, i think it has done better....lugging the old porty out of the truck is a challenge....but i like it for a variety of reasons

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
floorguy said:
and yes, i think it has done better....lugging the old porty out of the truck is a challenge....but i like it for a variety of reasons

you use a porty for a sprayer???? :shock:

..L.T.A.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Doug its really easy.

Standard hydroforce comes with a 8:1 tip, you could argue that its 9:1.

5 quarts is a standard hydroforce jug. What you're doing is making a concentrate to put out 45 quarts of RTU prespray with the standard tip. You have the 5 quarts already in the jug, plus the 40 quarts additionally with an 8:1 tip.

45 quarts is a little over 11 gallons(45/4 quarts in a gallon). If the product says to use 2 ounces per gallon. You're going to use a little over 22 ounces of product in your hydroforce.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
meAt said:
floorguy said:

you use a porty for a sprayer???? :shock:

..L.T.A.

yup 10 gallon.....

vaca taken out...just a pump and fiberglass frame....put a 50' hose and i can get into 95% of houses from the front door

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hey Jim,

If I can ask (in case I missed something), when you say 'the pre-spray game again' - do you mean if you had your old machine it would have handled it different/better? Or is this just a rat nasty carpet issue??

Jim

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think he means formulas have been changing after he found the sweet spot

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom