what do your wifes do

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Lisa, You are so right. I married a sweet 18 year old, 30 years ago. She is a hard working woman who raised three very talented children, kept the house clean, answered the phone, did all the accounting work, runs 6 to 7 miles a day, and puts up with me. !gotcha!
CatamaranPic.jpg

tafbaig

Supportive Member
My wife coaches softball and baseball. She does sales for the business as well. Hope this helps!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Technically Jen and I don't work together but we spend all day together. We don't argue as much as we should. We both know how to say "I'm sorry I was an ass"...probably me more than her.

She runs her Mary Kay business and I help promote it. I run my carpet cleaning company and she helps promote it.

I would never ask her to answer the phones or do any office work...I might have before but not now. Yes, Full Circle and Service Monster stopped those thoughts.

We are very supportive even when we screw up and especially when we are down.

So we work together in life but do our own thing while still doing it together...or something like that.

It's a good thing.

OH, and she's hot as shit on a griddle. :mrgreen:

Dolly

well.......I am Jerry's wife so I will tell you what she does.........

Cleans carpet, upholstery, oriental rugs....Leather repair from damage and recolor...
Polish marble, restore and revive wood, refinish wood furniture, clean tile and grout, repair grout...caulk where
ever caulking is needed, detail clean houses from top to bottom. Clean decks along with restaining them. For the first time next week I am going to rent me a boom to lift me up to steam clean a tile roof. Now that ought to be a picture and a half
If it can be done and she can figure it out and do it......she does
Also...makes a good living too. Now if we can just figure out how to keep the Obama out of our pocket books.

Any lady that can be married to anyone who cleans carpet for a living is a trooper and so is the husband who
is married to a lady that does the same thing....My husband is an absolute peach and my best friend....could not
do what I do without his support and love.

Just thought I might toot my horn just abit....

Ernie G

My wife and I have worked together for over 35 yrs. and have been married for 37 yrs., I'm not sure how she puts up with me. But she is my greatest asset in the busn. and in our married life, and she works harder than I do. But we have both fired each other so many times over the years, but I know there is no one I can trust and depend on like her. But working together is tough and its not for everyone, thats for sure.

Dolly

My husband worked at the navy base in Meridian, MS....He was a building manager for 15years...Now as of
2 month's he retired. He is 65.....He likes it pretty well. It took a bit to adjust, but now he likes being
able to do what he wants and likes.

He takes care of my administrative responsibilities...He is a lot better at that then me since I don't like
paper work.......

Thanks for asking....

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Mine wife is a full time student, thank goodness she will be an RN by December. She's been a stay at home mom since my son was born seven years ago.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Vice prez of a mining supply company. She's worked there since she was 19 and climbed all the way up to second in command.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I used to take a dim view of married partners being involved in business together (my situation was parallel to Lisa's in regards to parent's in business).

But over the years, I've seen that most really successful businesses have strong partnership with both spouses, and if one spouse isn't directly in the business her (or his) moral support is often critical to the success of the business.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Funny you say that Jim...and Lisa. I would not be where I am or did what I did without Jen's support. She is the one who encouraged me to get off the van and sub out to these guys who wanted work. She is the one who told me that I could only go so far working the truck myself and helped me to get more and more educated in business instead of cleaning.

My ex wife just told me I was a loser and would never go anywhere....yet she did not offer any suggestions to do otherwise. lol

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm glad to see you say that here Brian.

I'm also sure you tell Jen every chance that you get.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Pemberton said:
I'm glad to see you say that here Brian.

I'm also sure you tell Jen every chance that you get.

Yeah, she tells me every chance she gets too. lmao.

Behind every great man is a great woman.

rick imby

Name
Rick
LisaWagnerCRS said:
You know... I wonder what your wives would say YOU do.

They may need their own room here.

Most wives I know in this industry handle the kids and the office and work hard keeping it all together. Just about every Platinum Member in our group is a husband-wife team, and they work together on goals and implementation, no one is eating bon-bons.

This industry doesn't really go out of its way much to acknowledge and show appreciation to the women who are helping a lot of these businesses in different roles...and many times not getting a paycheck for it - it's just expected that this is what a "wife" does.

And then we wonder why there tends to be a tough time staying married AND working together. It's hard enough to stay married without having all the business stuff crammed in the middle of it. But if you learn how to make it work, I've seen some really happy couples in this business - not a lot of them, but the ones who do get it right, are a lot of fun to hang with.

I saw the business tear apart my parents marriage...
and I've seen a lot of divorces while I've coached business owners...and it's probably the reason I've never been brave enough to do it. Getting married, and divorced, and married, and divorced, I just couldn't go through that kind of anger and pain.

Plus...I'd be giving up half my assets - LOL.

Lisa

I doubt it was the business that tore your parents apart, it was probably the way your parents disrespected each other about the work that each was putting into the marriage and the job.

That would be an unusual divorce where Ken ends up with half of Barbie's stuff.

Brian!!
Some on this board would say your ex wife was right---lol---

We love you Man....
Rick

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Jenny worked at many jobs in our business during the 32 years we were in business together, Starting with a lot of night time janitorial jobs she helped out on. Office manager when we got the size that we needed a full time office person for phones, scheduling, purchasing, payroll etc.

Her personality had a lot to do with why our business was so successful and whay I still have friends in the industry.

She now works one day a week caring for a lady with alzheimners. Allows her husband to get out of the house for a round of golf or whatever. She also helps out here at Bridgepoint if some department gets behind. Most of her time is spent on volunteer work.

Amazing

Not married!

Exwife does nothing for a while now.

She is trying to discharge all her debt, give up house blaa blaa blaa. I think she just filed last week.

Girlfriend of about 2.5 years.
Physical therapy... One amazing woman!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom