what does the "average" cleaner do?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Got into a discussion, for lack of a worse word, with a cleaner.
I was suggesting what I believed to be the way many cleaners have their equipment set up.
300psi
01 to 02 jets at 300psi
AW29 style wand, most likely without glide
or I guess the Prochem wands are popular
all 2" hose

Would this be accurate for the industry?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have a small 2 jet wand set up at 4 flow about 350-400 . I like to use my green horn but sometimes the small wand is just easier. Its light to use and the choked up flow really keeps the heat up with the hx on my small 15hp tm

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Got into a discussion, for lack of a worse word, with a cleaner.
I was suggesting what I believed to be the way many cleaners have their equipment set up.
300psi
01 to 02 jets at 300psi
AW29 style wand, most likely without glide
or I guess the Prochem wands are popular
all 2" hose

Would this be accurate for the industry?

all set ups are different..that's why testing somethings is a mute point....

west pack wand...95015....(4)

Ti wand..8002..9502..11002..11002..9502..8002..

both wands with glides..

350 to 400 PSI.......

avid rotary cleaner....

2 inch hose for 100 foot runs..any thing over 100..I add 25 foot of 2.5 sections....

this is a good balance for both my machines....great cleaning and almost perfect dry times.........but it does not mean it is a good set up for anyone else........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
what did he say??

360, RX....around 300-500 ATM so not counting the drop through the hose

and most cleaners i have seen...have a 25-50' 1.5 whip

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
First 50 2.5 inch suction hose regardless of length balance 2 inch. Ti wands 9502 ends 11002 4 middles 450 residential, 600-700 restaurants. Just starting to use my Hoss on nasties or bad traffic areas

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I know anyone on the boards have got things dialed in, where the discussion was leading was my "assumption" that I knew, or even had a clue even without any actual stats, about what the average cleaner, that had never heard about the boards, was using.
ie what is Stanley using, or your competitor down the street that has been cleaning the same way for the past 20yrs, or a new guy just starting out?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't know I think a lot has more to do with the distributor than BB's.

Few if any guys are on the boards around here (ACE Mike Hughes) but all of them know about Glides and use them and lots of big equipment being sold. My distributor sold 3-Everests last year to competition just down the road, he sells a lot of CTI and Prochem chems and that's just here in our small town.

KC has interlink and Full Circle that have anything you could want or will get it if they don't have it. I think times have changed, those guys using the same old stuff, small wands, no glides are going the way of the Dinosaur.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Jeez....I run the PC Quad at 600 psi, the PC Ti @800. I guess that if you have the vac power, you can run the pressures I do. Was also running the glide equipt old RX20 @ 700. Flow, baby, flow!

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We use 4 jet wands at low flow 9501 but higher pressure 500-600psi.

2inch vac all the way with devastater filter.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Same here with the PC quad on our carpet cleaning

Last edited by a moderator:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I agree with Doc You buy from a disty they sell you a quad wand 4 flow thats what you use, I would say 4 flow on most new wands , maybe 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
So the Distys and the Equipment manufacturers are the ones setting the standards?
And how do they know what works in the field?

I've run at 600PSI+ a few times, actually got a chance to go back to a couple jobs, they weren't as dry as I thought, even though they felt barely damp as I left. Different factors, carpet style, soiling, etc.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes and no.

They (Equipment Manufacturers and Distributors) are involved in setting standards just check out who is on the Cleantrust Standards committee. But no I never said or meant that. :confusedd:

You asked if that was an accurate picture which I do not believe it is. Even with those that have posted here it doesn't represent those stats you listed. Then you mentioned the boards and like I mentioned these guys are not on the boards.

Can't explain why you're having issues with what I think is normal operating psi but it could be your climate (higher grains), your blower, your wand, your vac hose, the soiling level, air movement in the home. ???

Too many variables to guess but I would think despite it not being completely dry, it was a lot cleaner from being flushed better????

The reality is if 300 psi is doing you good I'd stick with it, why fix it if it ain't broke.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The "Boards" are just another way for people to learn and share ideas. Pretty sure we didn't put a man on the moon due to some Aerospace Board so don't think of it as the be all, end all of carpet cleaning either.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Jeez....I run the PC Quad at 600 psi, the PC Ti @800. I guess that if you have the vac power, you can run the pressures I do. Was also running the glide equipt old RX20 @ 700. Flow, baby, flow!

I used to run the V and Ti's at 700 psi for resi however when I had the water softener resin problem and replaced the pump I realized that the old pump pressure wasn't true psi, with the new one I run at 450-500

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The "Boards" are just another way for people to learn and share ideas. Pretty sure we didn't put a man on the moon due to some Aerospace Board so don't think of it as the be all, end all of carpet cleaning either.
"You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?" "Rockhound" Armageddon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom