What else causes spots like this?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree! To blow them off with a phone call could hurt you more buy not having the damning evidence to use later.

Always go, look, take pictures, ask questions.

A lot of time people will lead you to the answer, sometimes hanging themselves in the process.

Reactions: Brian H

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I agree! To blow them off with a phone call could hurt you more buy not having the damning evidence to use later.

Always go, look, take pictures, ask questions.

A lot of time people will lead you to the answer, sometimes hanging themselves in the process.

I like to use the Columbo approach, asking a lot of questions, etc. even when I already know the answer.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
looks lik a slight tint of red ..maybe
dog food (artificial red color) vomit cleaned up wit Oxy would make it look lik that....

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I have a claim open at the moment, very similar. 15+ year old nylon, and mysterious, and random sized and placed colour loss throughout the entire home.

I inspected it late last year for the insurer and it's not unlike yours, older couple living in a very clean home, no cleaning person coming in. No consistency in shape or location of spots. No urine evident to either smell, or UV black light. No teenagers, no acne or foot treatments.

The rooms with more natural light, are worse affected, so my initial dip educations was a deliberately used spot cleaner containing a low percentage 'agent' in it that is being accelerated by natural light and compromising the integrity and stability of the dyes.

They clean their carpet themselves annually, usually with a rug doctor and then spot regularly themselves. They have been using the rug doctor spot cleaner for spotting during the year. They didn't have a bottle in the home at the time, but it's readily available if I want to conduct either tests myself, or look for similar residues for comparative analysis.

I have just had the insurer come back to me requesting two things. First, conduct further testing to see if I can narrow down a likely active ingredient and therefore look for likely products causing this damage (so it can stop being used) and secondly, they want me to see if I can neutralise the active indigent in a few sample spots and re dye them. I get the feeling they intend sitting on it for a few months to see if it reoccurs. I told them if I proceed with the re dye, it may not be successful long term, and may reoccur.

John

Reactions: Brian H and GCCLee

cleancorp

Dog vomit

I've seen the same spots. Dog vomit. Generally from older sick dogs. Stomach acid turns the carpet orange.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thanks for all the thoughts on this issue.

As a lot of you have suggested, it is obviously something in her home that is causing the problem and I would it if I could nail it down to a particular product.

I have not seen any OXY type products turn the carpet an orange color with the exception of benzoyl peroxide. Have any of you seen this type of orange coloring from OXY cleaning products?

http://bleachstains.com/blog/

Ammonia based spotters can fade a carpet.

Pinesol.

I did a carpet for friends when they first moved into a foreclosure tiny bleach drip going up the stairs the only problem with carpet in the whole house over 3000 sq ft.

They had me back 3 years latter to clean again, this time I hydroforced the whole upstairs and the stairs after putting my sprayer downstairs and continuing my setup.

I hear Sam OMG you bleached my steps, I literally explained how impossible that was.

After I left I remembered they were there the whole time covered in dirt and just popped when water was introduced.

Brian Your pictures look like someone dripped bleach in one spot. Sprayed the bigger spot with a doit your self cleaner and got what they paid for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lars

Name
Lars
This problem comes up with us also sometimes, these discolorations never stand out until you clean the carpet and remove the dirt that's been covering them.
Customers come how and want to know where this stain come from that wasn't there before...
they will never confess that it was something they used and you can bet that the housekeeper will not own up to it either...

most likely it is the housekeeper or owner dripping bleach based cleaners and trying to spot clean the carpet with it also

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom