What employees do while you are not watching

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Does this guy work for you? I wonder whose gear and chems he is using. His prices are not cheap either...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/hsh/1663947447.html

****** CARPET CLEANING ****** - $10 (Countryside, IL)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-27, 11:34AM CDT
Reply to: sale-p8bg2-1663947447@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an add for carpet cleaning service. I am currently working for a professional carpet cleaning company, and am in some need of side work.
The rates are simple: Basic full service*
1 Room...................$40.00 70.00
2 Rooms.................$40.00 85.00
3 Rooms.................$50.00 105.00
4 Rooms.................$60.00 125.00
5 Rooms.................$70.00 145.00
Hallways/closets.....$5.00 each
(all rates are based off rooms >200sq. ft.)
(hallways and closets >100sq. ft.)
Preconditioning is required on heavily soiled carpets
All basic rates include a formula 90 soap and a light lemon fresh scent.
Preconditioning, 3M scotch guard, and Hospital grade sanitizer are
available at an additional $10 per service, per room.
*Full service Includes precondtioning, sanitizer, and 3M scotch guard Protectant

Great savings, Great Quality

My name is Mitch and I can be reached @ 630 965 7525

Name
Nate W.
Nice........... If I were the owner and found out, I'd call to setup an appointment for my aunty's house to be cleaned and wait for the bastid. :lol: :lol:

On the other hand, we had some workers in the past do side jobs. My pops only asked for the price of chemicals to be replaced. And to just be upfront about doing side jobs. My pops always knew if they were doing side jobs or not by their chemical usage. Damn analytical bastid....... Hard for me to get one over on him.... :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have had it happen and always called the police & let them put the fear of god in the employee (ex). They had the option of writing a confession stating what they did and paying us back for the job they got caught doing (we know we only caught them after prob many times) or be prosecuted. They wrote the confession & it sent a good message to others.

Ken

bonesheal

Ken Snow said:
We have had it happen and always called the police & let them put the fear of god in the employee (ex). They had the option of writing a confession stating what they did and paying us back for the job they got caught doing (we know we only caught them after prob many times) or be prosecuted. They wrote the confession & it sent a good message to others.

Ken

What do you tell the police?

What can you charge the employee with?

I probably wouldn't have thought to do that.

The Preacher

Steve covers this stuff pretty well in SFS.

he has a great story about a friends biz who had to replace all his lead techs due to a theft ring!!!!! :shock:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Depending on what they do it is theft, misappropriation of assets, etc. Had one years ago that changed an invoice that was paid by cash after writing the original amount paid on it.

Ken

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Ken
I love Ken.
He is so professional, while I'd like to be like Ken I find comfort in a blanket and some potatoes.

Cover them with the blanket and make mashed potatoes, very therapeutic. :wink:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Nothing better than potatoes, any way they are done. I love to slice and stir fry them with marinated veggies lately, but a good old baked with lots of butter, sour cream, salt, pepper & A-1 splattered over it and the Rib Eye is very comforting :-)

steve g

Name
steve garrett
here is a story topping even doing side work. when I used to work at rainbow I knew a few guys that had worked there when the place was owned by the home office, rather than being privately owned. the guys there were paid as subs, they had to buy their own gas, own chemical, and even rent the equipment. so some of them developed a mentality of it was really their job. they would get 65% of the job. well some of the guys just went to the bank and opened a rainbow international bank account. as long as they cut back the manager a few bucks everything was kept on the down low. why do side jobs when you can just keep the check?? :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom