what equipment have you found to be poorly made??

erick herdt

I agree, them US Products units are OVER ENGINEERED.

I also had a janitorial company we worked for order 3 big ride on auto scrubbers that pivoted in the middle. The wiring harness broke after a few weeks of use.

They'd get a new harness in (like $800) and after 3 more weeks, poof! broke again.

I actually asked the guy, "have you actually gotten these things out of the warehouse?"

His reply was, "them things... worthless."

DannyD

A Dodge F'in Sprinter. I can only speak for up to the 2006 model, as changes may have been made for the 2007s. I also worked w/ many people who had em & I'm not the only one who ranted about em. A few people had luck w/ em, so it's not like every single one was a melon. But it was very few. I'd often hear stories of major repairs, in the thousands, needed on these things at less than 100K miles.

You do NOT want to idle these things. If you're in a northern state the heater won't heat the van. It will barely heat the cab if ya have some kind of barrier behind the seats, but it won't heat the van if you need the back heated also. There's a slew of other things wrong w/ em too.

When I had mine the dealership was pretty much the only one who could fix em. That's a lot of money & time. A simple oil change, at least at the dealer I went to, could be something that could take a few hours. They'll tell ya you get cuts in line, & to an extent that's true. You get cuts in front of other regular vehicles, but you don't get cuts in front of other Sprinters. So bring a good book if ya need an oil change & be prepared to wait a few hours.

In my other industry for awhile companies quit signing on Fords & GMs & wanted drivers to get Sprinters because of more cargo capacity. That lasted maybe a year as drivers either bought one & had bad experiences w/ em or heard from the frustrated drivers who bought one to not get one. A lot of drivers at my last company here will finish out their contracts in their Sprinter because they already have it, but to a person most of em regret having bought one & won't renew in a Sprinter.

Take care,
Danny

Glynn

The cfr upholstery tool, to me its most most awkward pos uph tool I have ever used in nearly 30 years of cleaning fabric.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Sonin 60 Pro sonar measuring device not even close to accurate on some tests.

dunno about all of Sonin, but this model was an utter waste of $$$. isn't sonar supposed to be more accurate than laser? or is is it other way around?

JB, about them shoe covers, i recommend trying these, they work swell and i am able to finally re-use my shoe covers. posted this on ICS a couple years ago and some other fellas liked them to:

http://www.palmflex.com/storefront/detail.aspx?ID=128

150 pair for $21.95 / buy 5 boxes get the 6th free.
Waterproof w/ non-skid sole.
add $10 for shipping.

i give'm to my neighbors and they wear them all over town, but i live in a special area...

thanx --- Derek.

-JB-

Name
JB
Thanks D,

So, you have a lot of short buses up and down your street, is that what your saying?
shortbus-46967.jpg

Attachments

• shortbus-46967.jpg
    shortbus-46967.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 148

Greenie

Just saw that Shortbus on You, Me and Dupree...funny movie.

Can you look at butter in the same way?

-JB-

Name
JB
Nuh uh!
That was a picture I took as the bus drove past my house, that's the third time this year the didn't pick me up! Probably cause I was out in the field freeing a giant African snake from a electric fence, I feel so good about that!
snaketrap01.jpg

Look I got a picture of the snake though! Yeah for me!
Iamsofakingwetodddid.gif

Attachments

• snaketrap01.jpg
    snaketrap01.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Iamsofakingwetodddid.gif
    Iamsofakingwetodddid.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 148
Back
Top Bottom