What Fleet Card do you recommend?

G

George V

I recently went multi truck and realize i need a fleet card for the other driver.

It's a hassle givin him cash or meeting at the filling station.

When i google it a thousand different fleet cards come up.

Which one should i get?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i dont which one particularly to get but do make sure the one you get is on a large network. so you can get fuel even at the non-attended commercial stations. i have seen two or three in my area that have diesel at .15 to .20 cents cheaper a gallon asnd there is no conviennce store for the helper to go inside and waste time in.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We have a 500 gallon tank at our shop that gets filled on demand. We pay about .45 less than at the pump ( that is a 250.00 savings for each fill) and no waiting. I figure we save about 15 minutes per fill and while it is filling they can do other tasks. Cost about 750 bucks to set it up with the pump and pipe. You can get a tank almost for free from those who have given up oil heat. I know it's not for everyone's location but it works great for us.
Al

G

George V

fyi,

Just received my Wright Express fuel card.

Accepted at 90% of gas stations, offers towing, and can be used for parts and service.

http://www.wrightexpress.com

x4c57bb377cb30.jpg

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
George V said:
I recently went multi truck and realize i need a fleet card for the other driver.

It's a hassle givin him cash or meeting at the filling station.

When i google it a thousand different fleet cards come up.

Which one should i get?
You are smart to look into the fleet card option, George. Most don't allow the charging of snacks, coffee, girlie magazines and condoms! Great! However, try to find one where the station attendant has to visually write the license plate down in the system. Why?

Some techs have been known to "loan out" the fleet card to their wife, girl friend and/or other people. (Don't ask me how I learned this.) Really ingenious employees have even had their wife meet them with the family car at the gas station and they just transferred the nozzle into the car and kept on pumping. (Don't ask me how I learned this either.)

Sadly, it gets down to protecting yourself and your family's economic welfare by "making it harder to steal than not steal".

Respectfully submitted,
Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Al, the big tank sounds like a great idea. It did to me too so I installed one. HOWEVER be sure to put some sort of video camera/card lock/security system in place to prevent your employees from routinely filling up their own and their friends cars from your tank. (Don't ask me how I learned this!) :(

Name
Jesse
You may be able to track other data like hours with their system. You can make sure the gas is going in your tank by having the employee enter the hours on the unit and the mileage. This will give your the ability to figure their approximate mpg if you know your hourly consumption.

I've had the same experience as Steve. Also, it's easy for them to bring a gas can to work, I had a guy take 5 gallons per day for awhile.

G

George V

Wright Express has addressed theft (somewhat) by requiring odometer mileage at every use and reporting in the statement.

it wouldn't take long for an owner to see he's been ripped off.

They offer quality gps tracking too.

They're fo real.

Great advice!!!

Thank you,

ps. i'll make a phone call to see if they can track hours as well... It would be perfect if they could!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom