Name
bob vawter
You forgot the best one

bestfrontmachine.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Out of that list I think I would pick a Judson, then maybe one of Brevicks. I care more about the people behind them than the TM.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
Out of that list I think I would pick a Judson, then maybe one of Brevicks. I care more about the people behind them than the TM.

That explains a lot. :|

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
bob vawter said:
You forgot the best one

bestfrontmachine.jpg

I know it's wrong to encourage him, but if I wanted a direct-drive, I'd be talking to Bawb.

Brian R said:
[quote="Doug Cox":16v64xou]Out of that list I think I would pick a Judson, then maybe one of Brevicks. I care more about the people behind them than the TM.

That explains a lot. :|[/quote:16v64xou]
u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqRcdvevn1gu]

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Leslie Judson Jones said:
[quote="Brian R":r73zrz83][quote="Doug Cox":r73zrz83]Out of that list I think I would pick a Judson, then maybe one of Brevicks. I care more about the people behind them than the TM.

That explains a lot. :|[/quote:r73zrz83]
3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqRcdvevn1g3][/quote:r73zrz83]

Now that's awesome

Jimbo

Sorry, Mike...but I reject your classification premise...many of these builders on this list should be classified as 'Premium'...especially due to their ability to build a long-lasting unit to the user's specs...Judson, Nordic, SteamAction...are a few that come to mind that are mis-classified.- Jimbo

Mikey P

Administrator
How many times has Steam Action came and left this industry?
Has Sales made the same unit twice?

How many complete packages has Terje sold?
Has he made the same unit twice?

Judson makes a incredible machine but they are still a Mop and Pop business no matter their history.
and that is not a negative.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
So how many ended up buying their dream machine Nordic, and are still running it
roro

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I'm probably going to get another TCS in the future. Thinking of moving the Warrior to my 2004 Chevy as a backup and getting a Chief for the 2014. I love the simplicity of some of the garage builds, especially TCS, Judson, Cobbs. At some point those components are going to have to be replaced. Easy access is a good thing. Being able to replace belts and perform maintenance easily is nice too.

Name
Swani
I put a post on a FB group about which TM to buy and Joe B. Kept nagging me with pm's about buying a garage built that he recommended and was fairly upset when I kept declined and started accusing me of trying to create hype for products and distributors. Guess who won't be shopping with him anymore.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I put a post on a FB group about which TM to buy and Joe B. Kept nagging me with pm's about buying a garage built that he recommended and was fairly upset when I kept declined and started accusing me of trying to create hype for products and distributors. Guess who won't be shopping with him anymore.
Had me rolling.

Reactions: Living The Dream

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I got a 1992 Powermatic for sale. Get it outta my shop. Installed a new burner coil before I shut it down. 2300 hours, 23HP Kohler cast iron, I believe. Needs a little TLC. Bring a van and a forklift.

Hey, Meat??

sassyotto

Name
Paul
forgot to put the Steamaction knock off on the list....

but not sure if they even sold one yet

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Wow! deleted post about a steamaction knock off.........over there

Tsk tsk

It looked like a good machine!

Chris A

Name
Chris
Can't say I love briggs or kohlers, and the kubota is a good engine.

But around 60% more fuel burn an hr on average is a big jump on slide ins

My Kubota powered 570 burns less gas than my pro1200s, around a gallon and a half per hour. I'm not sure what the air cooled motors burn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom