What happened to the Pepsi Sprayer?

M

Mark Imbesi

With all the talk about electric sprayers, I say why?

Pepesi sprayer = 3 gallons (what most agree is enough), no batteries dying, no cords in the way, and with the size of some of the BIG sprayers, you can store 4 Pepsi sprayers in the truck. I built mine for under $100.

Name
Andrechelle Cermak
We used them for a while, until the hose blew out while on a commercial job and sprayed EVERYWHERE. Not fun and not funny. Only use electric, battery powered or hydroforce now.

clean one

I still use them everyday. I put 3-4 gallons in them depending on what jobs i have. I have a small air comp on board just pump it up between jobs.

That could make a very bad day Andrechelle

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Andrechelle;

ANY sprayer that blows a hose off will create a mess.

Ours have both QC's & pressure release with a ring to relieve pressure:
5galkeg.jpg

Larry

M

Mark Imbesi

BTW, for those interested in building one, Vacaway's website has a list of parts needed. Also, there are serveral pictures to help you visualize the build. Made it easy for this idiot to do! I ordered the spray wand from the company that Steve recommended and love it.

http://www.vacaway.com

Click "How to" on the top bar.

Name
Andrechelle Cermak
Larry,

My electric / battery sprayers are not under pressure. So sure a little solution that is in the line may dribble out on the floor, but it will not soak the ceiling, walls etc and create a huge mess like a pressurized pepsi sprayer will when it fails.

Greenie - lmao, 'that bastard!'

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
andrechelle said:
Larry,

My electric / battery sprayers are not under pressure. So sure a little solution that is in the line may dribble out on the floor, but it will not soak the ceiling, walls etc and create a huge mess like a pressurized pepsi sprayer will when it fails.

Well, then I guess it was a good test of your...

REACTION time.

Larry

LeeCory

I use mine for protector and it works great.

I use a battery sprayer for prespray because I go through way too much to use the Pepsi.

Both of mine had the hose burst off and thank goodness I was in my own home and was able to handle them. I took them in and had a rubber company glue and compress clamp them on at both ends and I feel very comforable with them.

And yes I think I will sue the guy that sold them to me... :)

M

Mark Imbesi

Damn, what PSI are you two filling your tanks up to for them to burst?

Name
Andrechelle Cermak
Marc,

It was not the pressure that was an issue, it was a spot on the hose that got worn thin from use. The mess could have been much worse. I just don't take a chance on that happening again.

LeeCory

In my case the hoses that was clamped on slipped off.

I had them glued and crimp clamped to hopefully prevent this from happening again.

The first time it happened I was standing next to it and I got it into my garage VERY quickly and it soaked down my wifes mini van. The second time it happened with my second one I was again standing next to it and I got the pressure released quickly enough to prevent much of a mess.

If it went in a customers place it could make a big mess

I charge mine to 90 lbs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom