What has been your experience with....

Steve1

Pricey stainless wand valves, mine has been CRAP. I have had three fail in less than a year and a half, My old brass valves are older and still going, I'm going back to brass, what a bunch of light duty crap. Now I'm going to go buy a hose buddy and a wand bra LOL.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
those do suck. my supplier keeps giving me different ones

Name
Eric Valentine
Why not call Greenie and order a brass feather touch valve? I plan on getting one as soon as I can (might be on a different wand too).

G

That sounds like a good idea Eric; I have to drag a few wands outta storage to install glides on. Ever since I got de-cherried from a hole glide; i need to get Hybrid and slotted glides; I am not one to swap equipment back and forth. And those feather touch trigger valves sound great too.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i have gotten a few ss quick connects from pembertons, and have yet to have one fail. my brass ones went to crap quickly. but here is the logistics of it. if your ss is getting messed up and your brass isnt that is a very odd thing. ss is harder and does hold up better to the pressure. however if you have a brass male quick connect and and a ss female quick connect you will see when you run 500 psi or so that the little ball bearings that hold the connects together destroy the (brass) male quick connect. what ever your ss quick connects are make sure that they are 303 ss. lots of knock offs out there so be careful.

i have a soft touch valve on my west pac. and it is awsome. i run a holed green glides glide also. i just installed check valves and new 110 deg jets also. wow what a differance. brings the impact of the water right to the carpet. i love it.

All the best in the new year guys. (and girls)

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shut up............ get your self a wounder bra not a wand bra

G

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
The lurker FINALLY speaks up.

Check out the How to Become a Supportive Member. Fill out a 1040 easy form which just tells us a little more about yourself and company, and join in on the rest of the fun.

Are you trying to get a job here Humperdink?, cause you already sound like a Mod :D

G

Your right,I see the brown under your nose now :lol: Now get back to watching Hanna Montana :lol:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've used the feather touch stainless and the brass, and the brass held up better.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
It's not the valves that aren't holding up as well... It's the seals.

Why?

Because brass is softer than steel. It's more pliable- not as abrasive on the seals.

Quick Couples are a different scenario. For the most part, it's the wear of dragging them across the ground that wears them. (This is even more so on the female quick couplings, in which the locking ring on the outside gets bent out of shape. And that's why I don't recommend having them on the end of the hose, but on the wand instead...) Once they're scuffed up, or distorted in shape, they don't seal well any more. And they get scuffed up faster on the end of the hose.

And they cost more to replace than male QC's do.

Stainless Steel QC's do last longer.

Walt

Duane Oxley said:
It's not the valves that aren't holding up as well... It's the seals.

Why?

Because brass is softer than steel. It's more pliable- not as abrasive on the seals.

Quick Couples are a different scenario. For the most part, it's the wear of dragging them across the ground that wears them. (This is even more so on the female quick couplings, in which the locking ring on the outside gets bent out of shape. And that's why I don't recommend having them on the end of the hose, but on the wand instead...) Once they're scuffed up, or distorted in shape, they don't seal well any more. And they get scuffed up faster on the end of the hose.

And they cost more to replace than male QC's do.

Stainless Steel QC's do last longer.

Make sense about the valves, I've also wondered if the casting isn't as smooth on the cheap ss either. A machined valve would be far superior.

As far a couplings go, I think it's more likely that the heat is causing warping. I never drag my couplings on the ground and have had brass ones that have lasted less then a couple of days.
I have had varying success with SS couplings. I had some that only lasted a week or two. I forget which kind I have now, (hansen maybe?) but they've lasted a couple of years with some serious heat. Pricey, but worth it. 6 sets at 35 bucks a set adds up pretty quick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom