what have you done to increase efficiency ?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
we all can make more money with out raising prices through productivity gains.

how have you become more efficient in the last year?

..L.T.A.

Farenheit251

I'm trying to swich over to liquid presprays rather than mixing enzyme powders fresh each job. Having a tough time matching cost and performance of powders though.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
purchased a vortex

if I am in a certain area of town I will let previous customers know that we will be in the area, sometimes it works other times it don't

BrianE said:
I'm trying to swich over to liquid presprays rather than mixing enzyme powders fresh each job. Having a tough time matching cost and performance of powders though.

Enzyme presprays work great in restaurants But are a waste in almost all residential and commercial jobs.

Learning what prespray to use on what fiber would invrease your productivity.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Seriously...i'm a little more insistent on scheduling my jobs all in the same area any one day!
I'm finding that i can "bully" most custys into the day that works best for me! My jobs are all in a three mi area anyway....but it helps!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Hose reels(swore against them when i started my biz.),fels in the pocket,sticky tabs.. I think I'm pretty efficient but I think I need a helper this year, I want to pack my jobs closer together.

G

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Quit my job and moved back home. I saved $1500 a month.
Good for you huubastank, :D now save as much as you can while you can

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
bob vawter said:
Seriously...i'm a little more insistent on scheduling my jobs all in the same area any one day!
I'm finding that i can "bully" most custys into the day that works best for me! My jobs are all in a three mi area anyway....but it helps!

I hear ya on that one. Keep your days in one area and you save on gas (money) time (money) fatigue (lack of money) Miles on vehicle ...you name it.

And the custy understands the issue and will usually go along with it.

Oh, and adding some key programs helps.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Bought the CanAm, with Greenhorn.
more efficient when cleaning
doesn't shut down
better dry times without bringing in the airpath
mixing stuff on board without bringing jugs into the house
keeps equipment cleaner, no diesel exhaust
more efficient on fuel and maintenance
saves me a lot of time tinkering

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
BrianE said:

I've tried that too. Went back to powders and I wont look back.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
organization...that's a big one keep everything nice and neat so you are not hunting around for something
The less trips you make to the truck the more time you save....
I have a separate bag and sprayer for each different job..
I keep a Mytee sprayer and a separate carry in bag with everything I need ..spotters.. tabs ..etc for carpet
Omni sprayer and separate bag with tools.. spotters.. brushes.. rags.. etc for UPH
tile cleaning has it own separate bag....a multi sprayer for protector and so on...no stopping ..rinse out and switch chemicals..or dig around for different things for each separate job
My vacuum hoses are set up for a short run and a long run that way I am not wasting time pulling off or rolling up more then I need...
for those who vacuum...when you get there carry the thing up with you and set it by the door ..no since doing your inspection and then walking all the way back to the truck to get it...

I have managed to cut up to 15 to 20 min off each job..now to be fair..the truck set up has a lot to do with it also.....I don't have to hook up a hose to the house or worry about hooking up and dumping all day...
but with that time saved..I have added a extra job on to my day make more money per day and I am still home a hour or 2 before dinner.....

steve r

stopped going to strip bars so no longer working hung over \, makes it go much faster and easier.

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
Bought a Judson TNT with High Flow upgrade. MUCH faster with better results. Fast dry times. Have the first vac hose already coiled up and strapped from previous job - carry it in.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I really like Jim's ideas. I am going to setup seperate bags with tools for each specific job. Keeping the truck clean and organized will save you a ton of time too. i just had to crack down on our guys to make sure everthing stays where it belongs in the truck. They had shit everywhere.

R

rotovacguy

steve r said:
stopped going to strip bars so no longer working hung over \, makes it go much faster and easier.

Me too!! :lol:

On top of that, went from a 12" to a 14" wand, and also upgraded my 175 from a 3/4 hp 13" to a 1 hp 17"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom