What, how often, what does it weigh?

rick imby

Name
Rick
What are you using for agitation, how often do you use it and what does it weigh? Also what pad or brush are you using?

My answer Oscillating pad machine 15" about 80 lbs--40 lbs too many--On 90% of the jobs I do.

For agitation i use a synthetic pad.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I guess this post just gets looked at. No answers guys?

Rick

I was wondering how many people use small 175s with brushes, or whatever?

Name
Nate W.
rick imby said:
I guess this post just gets looked at. No answers guys?

Rick

I was wondering how many people use small 175s with brushes, or whatever?

Commerical jobs I have 1 person using the Cimex (weight is like 100pds??) with fiber plus pads gravity feeding the prespray down. For residential, I use a windsor dri-matic weight is like10pds? (aka Sebo). They work for me. I used to prespray comm. then 175 it with a shampoo brush or a white pad. Cimex works better and easier to use.

-JB-

Name
JB
roller.jpg

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
A little Oreck Orbiter with pad or shampoo brush works wonders. Small, lightweight, easy to use.

15" Defender
21" Brute
Cimex
21" 175

All with a white pad sometimes a red pad

I also run a iCapsol/Procaps CRB (dont ever buy one big pos)

Name
Eric Valentine
17" 175 with a brush about 2% of the time. Over 100 pounds
Old Host scrubber w/white brushes about 97% of the time. About 40 pounds
$45 Bissell bagless POS about 1% of the time. Don't know the weight on it, but light enough.

I used to use the 175 99% of the time, but getting the Mytee cordless BOSS sprayer changed that (was using a pump up or gravity feeding with the 175). I also didn't have the truckmount then. The 175 is the most aggressive of the three, but not practical for 2 story houses or occupied spaces.

The host digs the most crap out of the carpet, can be used dry to pile lift, used to scrub in prespray, scrub and run encap, or used with dry compound.

I use the bissell just because I am trying to kill the damned thing (repeated flushings of the motor with water while running have not killed it yet, but the "bearings" on the brush roll make a horrendous noise). I have a Momentum to pre-vac with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom