What is everybody charging for a hotel room furniture cleaning?

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Nah they're the same. It does get hot, but nothing compared to tm heat from what I understand. Certainly doesnt hit 212 at the tip like they claim..

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
How? It is the same pH. What is different about it's mode of action than Flex (12.5 pH with degreaser added) that will provide me noticeably different results when greasy com environments are laughing at everything else I throw at them with my current setup?

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
How? It is the same pH. What is different about it's mode of action than Flex (12.5 pH with degreaser added) that will provide me noticeably different results when greasy com environments are laughing at everything else I throw at them with my current setup?
Same ph but different ingredients. I've used both flex and prochem and prochem is better on removing the soil in my area.

PH isn't everything. I've been using grime release and citrazyme mostly on my trashed carpets and it is worth trying. The ph is only 9.5 -10.

Reactions: Bryce C

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bryce, these cueballs spouting on have never taken the time to do side by side evaluations on trashed carpets.
antidotal blather is all they have to offer

Unless they've changed the formulation in the last 10 years...

Flex is as heavy a hitter as there is.
Prochem PowerBurst is too.
Get a jar of it, you won't be disappointed, I promise

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Bryce, these cueballs spouting on have never taken the time to do side by side evaluations on trashed carpets.

..L.T.A.
Used some powerburst on a Japanese restaurant the other day. After I CRBed it in, the owner thought I had cleaned the carpets. He was absolutely blown away when I Zippered them. Prochem products rock.

Name
Jeff T

..L.T.A.
Larry, have YOU ever used Ultra PAC extreme?
Have you done a sxs of the 2?
And yes, I have done side by side comparisons of the 2 products on the SAME job.

Flex SUCKS!!! It does NOT PERFORM ANYWHERE near as well as UPE.

I still have 1/2 a 5 gallon pail of it in my shop…

You want what’s left for the 3 jobs you do a year with your porty???

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Is there an upper limit of pH that synthetic carpet can handle? When I was in our most recent commercial carpet grease pit in desperation I went to an auto parts store and grabbed some Purple Power and spiked the Flex powder with it. Really did help cut through the grease. However I know that stuff has sodium hydroxide/lye in it. I didn't test the pH but just tested the pre-spray in an inconspicuous area of carpet to make sure I wasn't going to cause any damage. Seemed fine. But I imagine that mix was well over 13 pH, if I ever do that again I'll pull out some pH test strips and see where it's at. Saponification was happening, the areas with the most impacted and thick built up factory grease were turning whitish on my first pass, seemed like it was making soap. I rinsed the heck out of it. hope it's ok...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry, have YOU ever used Ultra PAC extreme?

sure have.
It's what I have on the shelf now.
I think it a wonderful pre-spray

Flex SUCKS!!! It does NOT PERFORM ANYWHERE near as well as UPE.

maybe it doesn't werk on Canadian durt with the magic water you run?

You want what’s left for the 3 jobs you do a year with your porty?

thanks, No.
PC Extreme is all I need
and I'm not a big fan of citrus terpenes in general

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Is there an upper limit of pH that synthetic carpet can handle? When I was in our most recent commercial carpet grease pit in desperation I went to an auto parts store and grabbed some Purple Power and spiked the Flex powder with it. Really did help cut through the grease. However I know that stuff has sodium hydroxide/lye in it. I didn't test the pH but just tested the pre-spray in an inconspicuous area of carpet to make sure I wasn't going to cause any damage. Seemed fine. But I imagine that mix was well over 13 pH, if I ever do that again I'll pull out some pH test strips and see where it's at. Saponification was happening, the areas with the most impacted and thick built up factory grease were turning whitish on my first pass, seemed like it was making soap. I rinsed the heck out of it. hope it's ok...

it's a trashed synthetic in a restaurant
you're not going to hurt it with ph
Ph concern on w2w synthetic is generally overthinking.
Residue left behind is what matters, not the Ph

Do you adjust your pre-spray dilution rates based on soil severity?
did you mix Flex stronger first before running to the butyl and lye store?

there is a point of diminishing returns, but you can generally bump dilute rates up by double before wasting product.

I'd also suggest you stick with carpet chems rather than off the shelf autozone/grocery store chit.
Rare does bathtub gin out produce the pro-formulations.

..L.T.A.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
it's a trashed synthetic in a restaurant
you're not going to hurt it with ph
Ph concern on w2w synthetic is generally overthinking.
Residue left behind is what matters, not the Ph

Do you adjust your pre-spray dilution rates based on soil severity?
did you mix Flex stronger first before running to the butyl and lye store?

there is a point of diminishing returns, but you can generally bump dilute rates up by double before wasting product.

I'd also suggest you stick with carpet chems rather than off the shelf autozone/grocery store chit.
Rare does bathtub gin out produce the pro-formulations.

..L.T.A.
It was a factory office not a restaurant, actually I had an easier time cleaning grease pit restaurants carpet than this place. It was by far the most challenging carpet we've seen. High amounts of traffic coming in from the factory...

I went maximum strength with the Flex before resorting to other means out of desperation (maximum according to their dilution recommendations). I do wish to be prepared with stronger formulations designed for these purposes than shameful jugs of purple industrial solvent and lye, but I was stuck with little else up my sleeve ya know. That stuff worked though, holy cow. Maximum strength Flex with maximum strength Purple made a diff.

I'm confident the 175 will make all the difference on a job like that in the future. I imagine the maximum strength Flex will do just fine with some serious power scrubbing next time around. Bathtub gin... 😆

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Buy Defoamer to go with the 175. Ew we, I can’t believe you didn’t have foam out the wazoo with purple power!!!!
Nope, maybe there was something up with that industrial grease. Someone gave me a 55 gallon drum of Betco defoamer a few months ago. Seems like I'll have it the rest of my life at this rate.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Yea that makes sense. Wtf do I do with this massive jug of purp? Save it for Chinese restaurants in January?
Here’s a job I used some purple on a couple years ago. Don’t worry about it

IMG_3445.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom