WHAT IS THE GUY DOING WITH THE VACUUM HOSE

The new Billy Mays??!....If he could get a infomercial slot at 1am, he'll be a gazillionaire!!...Yes, I said GAZILLIONAIRE!!! He'll probably make more money than even Peter Popoff!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
The Asian Sensation!! said:
The new Billy Mays??!....If he could get a infomercial slot at 1am, he'll be a gazillionaire!!...Yes, I said GAZILLIONAIRE!!! He'll probably make more money than even Peter Popoff!

He would have to wait till after he goes through puberty.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
poor old george
i told him to put a test on his site if he wanted too
i still think they were pretty good

SO BACK OFF HARPER

Chris A

Name
Chris
also included is prochems "top secrets" dvd, teaching you how to properly mix chemicals...

...previously titled "how to not be a fukin retard"

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Chris Adkins said:
also included is prochems "top secrets" dvd, teaching you how to properly mix chemicals...

...previously titled "how to not be a fukin retard"

Hilarious DVD. I felt bad for the Prochem guy. He had this "WTF" look on his face everytime GG opened his mouth.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
My main man does that hose technique the same way. Lays the hose out in the home GREAT! No need for corner guards.

I just just can't seem to get it down. :oops:

Becker

Name
Becker
Maybe that was todd, to short to loop over shoulder to pack in 100ft.

I have no problem unspooling 100 ft and laying it out as I walk in with out dragging the ground.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've wrapped vac hose that way for almost 30 years, saw it on a Bane video. Takes a day or so to master, but is quick and efficient. I hate seeing hose dragged and mangled.

Lee Stockwell said:
I've wrapped vac hose that way for almost 30 years, saw it on a Bane video. Takes a day or so to master, but is quick and efficient. I hate seeing hose dragged and mangled.

$100 BUCKS TO SEE A VIDEO OF YOU DOING IT.

Name
Lee Stockwell
...because you don't believe me, or so you can laugh??

Icy rain outside right now so I doubt Theresa wants to go out and film me doing it. I also would hate to take your $100.

Maybe for charity?

Lee Stockwell said:
...because you don't believe me, or so you can laugh??

Icy rain outside right now so I doubt Theresa wants to go out and film me doing it. I also would hate to take your $100.

Maybe for charity?

ok !

C

cucu

Lee Stockwell said:

But can you do it with 2.5 hose......

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes I can do it with the 2.5" hose, but don't have to use it very often as it's on the inside of the reel under 150' of 2" hose.

I carry in a hand held spool with 100' of solution hose to the far point of the job and reel back toward the truck. I have the 50' point marked on the solution hose so I know where to start the last 50' of vacuum hose when I carry it in.

Unspool the vac hose just the reverse of the way you loaded it, no dragging around corners etc. I've posted about this before.

I'll get Les video tomorrow, I'm sure the iPhone 4 will do it, just have to figure out how, and how to post it.

Thanks,
Lee

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've carried 150 ft or more of 2' hose the way I do it.

bring it up to one shoulder and let the loop almost hit the ground, bring it up to the next shoulder and let the next hose hit the ground.

You've got to be kidding me with that merry go round crap.

I've went up 3 flights of stairs carrying that.

AND when you are dropping it, it comes out perfectly straight.

Do I have to teach you nimrods everything...I'm not even a "real" carpet cleaner. :|

Name
Lee Stockwell
Harps Best Friend said:
I've carried 150 ft or more of 2' hose the way I do it.

bring it up to one shoulder and let the loop almost hit the ground, bring it up to the next shoulder and let the next hose hit the ground.

You've got to be kidding me with that merry go round crap.

I've went up 3 flights of stairs carrying that.

AND when you are dropping it, it comes out perfectly straight.

Do I have to teach you nimrods everything...I'm not even a "real" carpet cleaner. :|

...we know

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
How do you load it back onto the reel.??

Is it twist and turn, stop and wind the reel, twist and turn, stop and wind the reel. ??

Or do you just drop it all on the ground and wind it on from there. ??

My chiropractor, (if I had one), would love me forever. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Please show us on the video how you do it.

(Load the hose that is) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ta,

Ooroo,

:roll:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Working out of a jobsite I sometimes wrap up extra sections of hose as I'm done with them, usually just pick up a wad of hose and deposit on the ground near the reel and reel it up.

I'm left handed, my four sons are right handed, so we do it differently. I wrap "over the top" and unwrap as noted above. On their trucks they load from the bottom. They do mostly commercial and feel it's easier to wrap up that way when they're tired because they PULL the reel, while I push it (which is no big deal for me).

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Lee Stockwell said:
Working out of a jobsite I sometimes wrap up extra sections of hose as I'm done with them, usually just pick up a wad of hose and deposit on the ground near the reel and reel it up.

I'm left handed, my four sons are right handed, so we do it differently. I wrap "over the top" and unwrap as noted above. On their trucks they load from the bottom. They do mostly commercial and feel it's easier to wrap up that way when they're tired because they PULL the reel, while I push it (which is no big deal for me).

That's interesting.

I do it the same way, yet I'm right handed/ambidextrous with the hose.

Maybe it has something to do with the up-top/down under thing, or the gravitational pull from the moons orbit, affecting the northern and southern hemispheres in different ways. :roll:

My brains hurting.

Goodnight.

:roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lee Stockwell said:

That's how I would do it. If you can wrap up a 50ft section at a time...way easier.

The idea of the pile is to have the last part of the hose on the bottom so you are reeling from the TOP of the pile...not from under it.
So it's a good idea when done...if you didn't roll up any sections yet....to bring the end closest to the wand out first and toss it on the ground and Then the next section on top of that.

Reeling from the bottom causes fatigue and show incredible neanderthalic stupidity. shiteatinggrin

Edit: I mean rolling it back ON the reel from the bottom of the pile....although rolling it under the reel and pulling it down is not too bright either. No offense to the kids bro.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I am anxiously awaiting the videos from Lee and Brian. Seriously, I have only been shown one way and I am a short shit and can't seem to grasp it, or it's been to long and I can't remember. So currently I coil (or my tech) coils 50 ft and then carry near farthest point and either coil another or meet the first 50 with second 50. I save the solution line to last so I know how much to uncoil however, this is easy to figure 8 100 feet and I start laying it out at the end of the 100 feet of suction hose.

I would love to see how others do it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I would think that the body spin method of hose management would be a liability problem resulting in tripping and fall of the techs.

Lee said he would not do it on ice. I can see why.

Also, I saw that for the stain removal. The guy was using a steamer with a towel.

When using a steamer NO towel is needed.

Some mistakenly call it the "stain transfer method" when the heat is used to merely activate and speed up the chemical action.

If you use an antiquated iron use a towel to protect the carpet.

If you use an steamer get rid of the towel George.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom