What is the life expectancy of Phoenix Dehu's?

LeeCory

In the past year I've put close to 2400 hours on my Phoenix 200 HT's.

I am wondering how many hours you can expect to get out of the units.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't any of the Phoenix 200 but I have many Drizair 2400's with 10-12,000 hours on them.

They don't get used as much since we use mostly Drizair 2000's but when we are extremely busy they come out of storage.

LeeCory

Ok, if they last at least 10,000 hours that would be great, or even in that range.

The reason I ask is that I see guys selling their dehus with about as many hours as I have on mine. Why they sell them after a year I don't know.

I was just hoping they were not about to crap out on me... :)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I had over 10,000 hours on several of my Phoenix 200 dehus at the time I sold my business. As far as I know, they are still working for the new owner.

A little cleaning, oiling and easy mainteance on a regular basis.

A quality dehu should last so long that the only reason to sell is becuase you are upgrading to better performing new equipment after a decade or two.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No way, you're good for a long time.

Most of those are guys that didn't make the full commitment to WDR that you have done.
They probably put that many hours over 3-4 years and decided to get out and recoup what money they can for them.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think they should run at least 10-12k, keep in mind phoenix lies about its specs, my drieaz 2000 will romp all over my 200 max's, the drieaz unit pulls about 40% more water despite its much much lower rating, something to keep in mind when replacing those phoenix units, the phoenix units do have some advantages, I like how the top comes off and the cord and drain hose store in there, I also like a simple on off vs the electronic that can break on the drieaz. the phoenix has a wire metal rectangle that makes hooking up lay flat duct a breeze. drieaz wants to sell overpriced proprietary lay flat for their units, I normally just use a bunch of duct tape and make my regular lay flat work but its a pain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom