What is the optimum way to dry wtw cpt on a rainy day?

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Slow extraction passes using a well balanced rinsing system, air movement (heat, AC or open windows depending on outside temperature & RH) and groom the carpet to stand fibers up.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes I mentioned alcohol, and its limitations. In a carpet cleaning context it can't validly be considered an effective tool to speed drying.

It's an interesting marketing spin, but would be very dangerous in quantities needed to clean carpet. Alcohol can displace water, but won't "remove" it. If you used enough to even come close (more alcohol than water) you would turn a modern home or business into a potential bomb.

It's very volatile (evaporates quickly) and flammable. Pilot lights, or other sources of ignition would be easy to find.

I can think of a couple of people who went down that road.

Thanks,
Lee

Name
BradFenstermaker
Make sure home is closed up, leave the humidity outside. Tell them the fan has been switched to on instead of auto. By the way all the ceiling fans are on high and will aid in drying your carpet.

The one in your office was about to fall out of the ceiling so I left it off.

You will be dry within 4-6 hrs wait to place furniture back until tomorrow.

Mike Draper

I have 3 air paths. My assistant constantly moves them around while I'm cleaning. We are very picky about dry times. I think the more airpaths you have, the better dry times you will have. I wouldn't mind having 6 for the really big houses we do. Actually, I would have 6 if I could fit them in my van.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom