What is the radius of your service area?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
What is the max. distance that you will travel for a job? or What is the max. amount of drive time that you will travel for a job? Do you increase your price or add a travel fee?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Our metro is Large. About the size of L A in land area. Will cover that with floors and carpets. Janitorial, only a 1/4. Actually no more of that🤷🏼‍♂️

Name
Matt Middleton
Usually within a 20 mile radius, but have some good customers as far as Memphis Nashville, or Evansville IN.., so 150 miles .
About the same here. We attend RC and Cas in Memphis but never worked there. Jonesboro is far enough. Only to care for special clients.

Name
Jeff T
1 way from the job - home
My service area is around 175-200 km one way.
The area where i operate is the retirement Mecca of Western Canada.
I go where the money is.
Don’t get me wrong, I hate to drive that far, but there are people who pay very well for a days work.
I will sometimes only service one home a day....

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
cant say mine today was a high dollar job ($220) but you never know when servicing rural communities. You can be rolling onto a vineyard owner or farm owner who won't bat an eye at a $1200 job vs todays empty lounge they wanted done

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care
Name
Jeff T
I can see now why all yor trucks wear out so fast.....
Pick a small saturated area....and work it dry.....
Doesn’t work like that around here Bob. The 99$ guys service 60-70% of the average home here.
It was either chase the high end, or fight for the average Joe’s/Jill’s...
There are plenty of wet n’ jet guys here....
I choose not to be one of them....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ya.....I lucked into a great little nook... I controlled the whole south side of the ghetto......anyone that showed the least bit of hostility towards me ...got beat senseless by a little old black lady wit a broom.......LOOK
THERE HE GO'S......THATS MR BOB!

They still ask CRASH about me!

Reactions: Old Coastie

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
We try to stay within 20 miles but travel slightly farther without an up charge but our minimum goes up to $250.00 instead of $150.00
When it is farther than 20 miles we will charge mileage and it is for round trip from where we are at and back to our shop at $2.00 per mile

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Mostly 15 miles. When I started I would go anywhere to put food on the table so I still have a few customers 30 miles out but I started referring more jobs to other cleaners I know in other areas.

I used to do 16,000 miles a year, now I'm down to 12,000 doing more jobs.

Reactions: SamIam

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
What is the max. distance that you will travel for a job? Typically 20 miles, but...
What is the max. amount of drive time that you will travel for a job? ...as traffic gets worse the 20 miles is shrinking to fit a 40 minute max drive time.
Do you increase your price or add a travel fee? Depends on the value of the job vs. the total time involved. Just make the customer pay for the drive time and see if they want you that badly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom