What is the safest way to clean Pergo floors?

Mikey P

Administrator
I got a grungy one coming up.

If I scrub it and get it extracted quickly do I need to worry about swelling at the seams?

TimP

It really depends on how crappy the floor is. You may want to test a small area for a time period. I'd use a neutral cleaner first and see if that cuts it and then progress up if you need to. Keep in mind that it can be difficuilt to rinse off the stronger cleaners....that being the reason why you don't want to jump to them. I'd spray the cleaner on and wipe it off....pretty easy and safe if you ask me.

I'm sure someone else will have a better suggestion on cleaners.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If it is actually a PERGO floor, then be very careful with moisture, no matter if it is snap-in or glue in. Pergo is the worst in the business regarding moisture resistance. Actually, there's no laminant floor on the market, that I am aware of, that cleaning with water won't hurt. So be careful.

Pergo makes a cleaning kit, and I suppose they are available on line, that contains two products. One is an after installation cleaning product that is very good for heavy soiling issues. The other is a maintenance product.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mist on a nuetral no rinse cleaner with your multisprayer and then use your OP machine to clean it up.

Sam's carries a good one that only costs $5 a gallon.
No residue.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It would be a gamble at best, can it be done, maybe but it's a major risk. You might get 95% done OK and and buy it because you warped the other 5%.

The edges are the weakest link and preventing water from going in the cracks is impossible. You don't want to buy the crap just because the edges warped a little.

I wouldn't use much water at all, damp pad or dry steam and towel.

G

I would do a layer at a time with a cotton bonnet (or a fine sceen it you want to restore it) you get it to wet and you wont know till later if it swelled.

Kevin

PS-Do any insurance co. ban laminates in wet rooms?

TimP

Most laminate manufacturers use wax on the joints to make them water resistant. You can get moisture on most laminate without problem. It's prolonged exposure to moisture that would be a problem. A spray and wipe is what you want to do. If it's caked on soiled chances are that there probably already is damage, if it's gonna happed it would of already is what I'm saying.

clean one

Back when it was Rx for wood we redone a pergo floor in class it came out really great.
I was surprised how good it looked

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I would spray a light mist of neutral cleaner and bonnet it off with the crud. take a bucket to rinse out the bonnet or take extras if you have them.

Be careful that you dont have a ridge where boards meet could catch and tear. i would use a 175 or an op if you got one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom