what is the ..................

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
.....highest temperature you can get your equipment to maintain while cleaning......

and what type of machine is it

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Haven't measured any temps since we went to 09 flow, but a few years ago when I was measuring temps at the fiber, we were holding sustained flow 272 ATM
BTW, stock Ti wand was getting 180 at the "fiber" at that temp
(summer time, appx 75ft - 100ft? parker sol line, 450psi)

Steamway Legacy 2100
I'm pretty sure the 231,000 BTU fuel fired Wayne burner used is rated 250 sustained @ 2.1GPM

Under normal duty cycle cleaning, it will hisss, spit and rip at silly high temps all day long

truth is though, i really don't notice much if any difference in cleaning efficacy once past 250.
There's a BIG difference from 200 to 250, but not any i can really tell from 250 to 280

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hmmm ... I think mine is set somewhere around 350 right now, and I get 260 on the gauge all the time.

Am I doing something wrong?

Name
Ron lippold
I think its easier on the hose with temp guage set a little lower plus anything over 230 atw I get the dribbles.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
Hmmm ... I think mine is set somewhere around 350 right now, and I get 260 on the gauge all the time.

Am I doing something wrong?

If I remember right you already changed your threm oil.......you might want to clean out the holes in the E-3 exchanger ...............turn your therm oil temp to 245/250 and then let me know what you are maintaining at the temp gauge....I agree with Larry...anything over 250 at the wand you are just hurting your equipment and wasting your time....

TimP

Mine will maintain 210-230 ATM I have no idea what it does at the wand or how accurate it is. It all depends what time of year it is and how much time I spend doing dry strokes vs wet strokes. In other words if I give the TM more time to heat back up between wet strokes.

Hydramaster 4.8 Salsa

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
250 on the gauge every time I check- Genesis.

20 for a high today. 6 when I left for work.

Name
Bruce
It was right around the 150 mark today.

On a nice hot day in the summer she's pushing the 200 mark , maybe 190 . I get those readings just from looking out the window or front door of the customers house.

oh yeah, it was 24°F Felt Like 14°F with the wind chill

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
When I am cleaning carpet at the hospital that we service, I have had the Vortex's maintain 270. That is as high as I will go. 8)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
for you that dribble, there is medication to fix that, and no one has to know.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

well except us cuz you told us...

Greenie

admiralclean said:
Yeah, I noticed my wand dribbling all over everything.

PITA

Let's keep your private life private.

(Glad Marty didn't call me thinking the damn checkvalves were faulty)

Able 1

Name
Keith
I honestly don't know... Who sells the temp gauge at the wand? I know I'm not running very hot and want to get some fire in my van but, I would hope I'm getting 180 degrees! Prochem Peak.

Walt

Check your gauges I think you would be surprised.

DXT will peg the gauge at 260 if I run it on high. I wont drop. However, I suspect the gauge is high at higher temps. Probably 240

Now my V would hold 290 full on - with .12 flow - full tilt. Perhaps the hottest V ever made. But then again it had propane on top of completely functional heat exchangers. Scary, freaky, dangerously hot.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
My El Diablo with the diesel burner can run north of 250 all day.
Not sure about the exact reading because the gauge is only up to 250....
The Greenhorn pops and hisses and of course dribbles...
I was wondering about the dribbles Jeff-what temps do they start dribbling?

Greenie

From roughly 20 guys input...I'm comfortable with 220 at the wand causes the dribbles.

which is really freakin' hot.

turn that stuff down...or kick your jets up a size before you hurt yourself one day.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The "drips" start at around 220.
The dribbles are there at 240 and up

Judging by the amount of fine atomize spray on a non CV jet, I guess it would take CV that could handle 50 to 70 PSI TO WORK AT 250 TEMPS

..L.T.A.

Walt

Just for the record. I only ran that high on a couple of jobs that way. Once to empress my buddy and once when there was a ton of gum. It worked very well both times. :twisted:

But most of the time I ran it at 240-250. The Propane was for quick heat. I never had to wait or had any dips on a cold day. Even with high flow and dual wanding.

TimP

I get drips on mine when it's about 230 atm I'd say also a popping valve. I'd guess I'm getting 200-220 atw when my machine gets good and hot in the summer....not bad for a cds machine I'd say.

Name
Lee Stockwell
High pressure water over the boiling point is trapped between the valve and the jets every time you let off the trigger. As it loses pressure it boils and expands. The result is enough residual pressure to overpower the check ball or valves at the jets, and dribble.

topnotchman

Hey Tim, thats about what mine runs at, probably a little cooler now that its cold here.

I thought my CDS 4.8 salsa wasn't getting hot enough, because the gauge would only top out at 195F while cleaning. Took it to the shop and they hooked up a water temp gauge right at the quick connect on the machine. Come to find out it was 15 degrees off roughly, so it was really cleaning at 210F ATM. I'd turn the salsa off to clean upholstery and turn it back on and it would spike at around 235F then go back down when it triggered it on the wand. I haven't run this unit in the summer here, so I'm sure it might get hotter in the summer, but its plenty hot now and its cold here.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i get dribbles when i use it to much...

i get dropplets when i was young and used it on them nasty women to much :shock: :twisted:

ok yes i am on one today

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
except for Doug Payne........most of your drips can be fixed..... just take off the jets and sticking a hex wrench in the check valve and tighten it up a bit.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom