What is this? Family name?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is a rug that we have in our shop right now and I've seen this occasionally but the last one was many years ago on a small prayer rug.

This one is much nicer rug with very tight knots per/sq inch.

What does it say? or Is it the family name or the weavers name?

Rug_zpsac62bee6.jpg

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I don't read Arabic, but most often this is the name of the weaver or the company the weaver worked for, sometimes the city or village where the rug was made.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Usually the name of the person or family that made the rug.

According to the Arabic speakers here, you have the image reversed. It's also Farsi which I am told uses the same letters as Arabic.They say the name on the rug appears to be Rashid Pasheet, or something like that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Reversed? So then the backside has it correct? :eekk: How many Stella's did you have for lunch Brian? :p

The reason I asked about the rug was I thought after its cleaned we would get a picture of it for Facebook but I wanted a comment about it.

Thanks you, that will give me enough for a comment. :icon_cool:

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Honestly from what I understand it usually doesn't have much to do with the rug itself. Most manufacturers know the rugs are being exported to non Arab countries, it can be the Weaver's name, but more often than not it says something like "hello".....no joke.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom