What is your 10 year vision?

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I love California, but it's not business friendly and way too expensive for me. We'd have to find oil on our land for me to be able to afford it. We have a program here called "Retire in Texas". So many people move here from California because its much cheaper to live. Before the housing debacle, you could sell our house there, move here, buy a nice home and live off the rest for many years. The last three summers have been over the top hot and dry, and they say it probably will become our new normal. If that's the case, I'm GONE!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Amy, we actually did that. We moved from CA to TX. Didn't work for us, but that's just us.
We actually found the people there to be very friendly and refreshingly much more polite, which was very nice.

Yes, California has more regulations, that's true. However, as far as my business goes (I do not do water damage) it is close to meaningless.
I pay $800 a year for my LLC license (a little more than Texas.)
I paid the grand total of $150.00 business license in San Francisco.
My business & car insuranse is a little higher (not by a lot).
Don't know if workers comp is different

That's the entirety of the incredible business burden for me as a carpet cleaner.

Yes we have a state tax. However, property tax in TX is 2% as opposed to 1% or so in CA. The cost of food was actually higher in TX, not talking about the quality difference. And the regulations, though bothersome at times also protect us.

For example, If I woke up on the wrong side of the bad in TX, I could have uprooted all the beautiful, hundreds year old oak trees on my property in TX without having any issues with the law, let alone anyone blinking and eye, whatsoever. You can't do it here in CA, which is a good thing. It is a hassle at times, however it protects the environment for us and future generations.

Property prices here in CA have dropped down and you can afford it.

And Gerry Brown is a hell of a governor. Definitely, compared to Rick "the hair" Perry :winky:

So, when you's guys moving? :razz:

Last edited:

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Good Lord, no idea what I will have going in ten years. Me NOT cleaning would be a great start. Doing the office end and someone else cleaning would be ideal. My guess is I'd want to be on the truck a few times a week tho.....acting like I know what I'm doing.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I will start jogging again in 2018 and get myself back into shape to anchor the USA Men's 4X100 relay in the 2020 Olympics in Istanbul. I will pass Usain Bolt in his last Olympic race. I'll smack his ass with the baton for good measure.

Last edited:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Mike, Coit spelled your name wrong. You would think if you are their best tech they would remember how to spell your name!

I'm not much of a planner or very goal oriented, so I just hope to be above the ground and still of sound mind.

Take care,
Lisa

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I will have an empire built that includes hundreds of service pro's and millions in annual revenue. I will look back at my carpet cleaning days and appreciate the education that helped me become a great businessman.

Back
Top Bottom