What is your defination of "swamped"?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: What is your defination of "swamped"?

The Great Oz said:
Being surprised by a big enough jump in business that we have to hire quickly and feel pressure to get the new techs up and running fast. We know we lose some jobs if we book out farther than three days and I never want to lose jobs. Booked out five days is swamped.

We're hiring.
X2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Swamped is working 12 to 18 hours a day

day after day after day after day after day after day after day

Dang I need some sleep.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yes it's terrible to be so swamped.....by the time i get outta bed..."Let's Make a Deal" is already on....THEN comes "Price is Right".......followed by "Millionare"....THEN comes my soap ..
"The Young and the Restless"...(Victor is bonkin' Sharon again...and Sharons husband is foolin' around wit Phylis again.....

well by that time...it's time for a little lunch followed by a NAP.........
yep theres jus not enough time in the day to do everything.........

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
If I miss one job a week then I am over scheduled. Happens but some folks just won't wait. Gotta save time for those WDR jobs that we will NOT pass on.
Al

S

sam miller

usually 5 stops a day 6 days a week if they are bigger jobs then we allow the appropriate time.

If an repeat has an emergency I'll put a job in for 7am

If i have to get up at 7 more then 2x a week I'm swamped.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
dc klaatu said:
yes it's terrible to be so swamped.....by the time i get outta bed..."Let's Make a Deal" is already on....THEN comes "Price is Right".......followed by "Millionare"....THEN comes my soap ..
"The Young and the Restless"...(Victor is bonkin' Sharon again...and Sharons husband is foolin' around wit Phylis again.....

well by that time...it's time for a little lunch followed by a NAP.........
yep theres jus not enough time in the day to do everything.........

Bob....I'm almost getting to that point. I schedule my jobs so that I can stop home between jobs and just hang out, if possible.....and let the dog out for a poop. I feel for these guys that have to really bust'em out to run their business.

Well, time for some nachos.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
When I get booked out a week and a half or more and am loosing 2 or 3 jobs a week who can't wait I guess I would be swamped. I get tempted to work longer hours to fit everybody in, but I pretty much stick to 8:00 -5:00 Mon.- Fri. these days. If it is one of my good customers or realtors i might work after hours but not often. 3 jobs a day is about my max too. I only do 4 if they are all small minimum charge jobs.

Getting too old to work myself to death and get all stressed over it.

QDCC-Barry

I must be doing something wrong. I'm nowhere close to being swamped. Isn't the economy affecting you guys at all? Here in So Cal as I talk to my customers it seems most of them are still hurting. Which of course hurts me too!

But then in 18 years whenever these types of questions get asked I'm never as busy, or make as $ per job as those who post answers.

sucks for me!

BTW...first post for me here!!! Hi everyone!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Barry:

When this thread was first started, I was looking at two weeks with two jobs on the books. Now it's a bit better, but I still am nowhere close to being busy. However, I know that in June all hell will bust loose.

So, don't necessarily blame it on the economy. It might just be the time of year.

QDCC-Barry

Hi Marty,

I've been in the carpet cleaning business for 18 years. I've never had all "Hell break loose" in June. Never talked to any carpet cleaners here who have said that either. Now up until about 4 years ago Hell use to break loose in Oct/nov/first part of Dec. Last four years, not so much. I've literally had people tell me it came down to using whatever extra money they had for gifts, and skipped the normal holiday Christmas cleaning.

I tend to think the economy is hurting still. the county I live in had the worst unemployment and lowest income of the whole state the last couple of years.

I think things are getting somewhat better however! My fingers are crossed.

Name
Lee Stockwell
And if you lived in Prattville and didn't have Marty's contacts business might still be slow come June.

A few good recurring accounts really help.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Marty said:
Barry:

When this thread was first started, I was looking at two weeks with two jobs on the books. Now it's a bit better, but I still am nowhere close to being busy. However, I know that in June all hell will bust loose.

So, don't necessarily blame it on the economy. It might just be the time of year.

or perhaps for SOME people.......

"time of the month........" :lol:

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
swamped for me is when I am too busy to get back to someone the same day..when that happens, I have to relax and get focused. I am doing the work myself and I get multiple emails per day and phone calls. Sometimes people fall through the cracks..sometimes leads die..sometimes they flake. But I know when its my fault and that sucks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom