What is your oldest account ?

Name
jack zerkie
Today in 1981 I purchased the carpet & cleaning operation at a mobile home park. 1500 units all doublewide and lot rent is $700. a month it,s a class operation. I still clean for the operations and sales office. The location is on the way to Naples Fl. so it.s a great area.Their is plenty of work and not far to travel. I also work for four other parks in the area even larger than this park. The other work is from a few realty company in the area also lots of referrals from many people.
And I just turned 73 yrs young and I really enjoy carpet cleaning so as long as I can get them clean I will keep going for a while ? jz

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Your an inspiration Jack! Keep kicking ass and taking names.:rockon:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I have one customer who still calls every year from when I was subcontracting for a company during my first year in 1975, an Orthodox Jewish woman. We laugh about all that has happened and changed over the years; we were both young then. Nowadays I have many 10-40 year customers within her enclave in Oak Park .

hydracat

20 plus years cleaning windows. Not worth my time and over an hour away but I cant let somebody else service my first and oldest customer.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lee Stockwell
My daughter threw out my copies of 70 to 85 invoice, said most were dead and I should be embarrassed by my prices back then.

Murray State since 77. City since 72.

Children and grandchildren of some of my first customers as well.

F

FB7777

Oldest customer is a commercial building we have been doing janitorial work since 1989

We've worked through 7 different General Managers over the 26 year span

Come to think of it, some of their employees weren't even born when I got the account :eekk:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Oldest I have actually migrated from my previous business.
When I came here in 1986 without too many pennies in my pockets, I started doing house cleaning. She graduated to carpet cleaning.
Still have her, started when she was just married, seen all her new babies grow to be accomplished young men.

A pleasure to have delightful clients like her.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Mega church. Going on 26 years. Monthly billing for all areas, some cleaned monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and yearly. It pays my salary every year.
Please post the church name and address along with your contact, Marty. Some Alabama members on here might want to "become believers"...

Steve

PS We made much more profit on our commercial contracts than our residential clients. (One restaurant was the second job I ever got and 16 years later when I sold the business we were still cleaning it every two weeks.) But it is special becoming "part of the family" with your residential customers.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
My very first commercial account, 420 unit condo property from 9.8 years ago, yep. They added on 4 additional properties over the years and it's a pretty seemless operation. Zero advertising budget for this. Ringer...

Reactions: Art Kelley

Willy P

Name
Willy P
20 plus years cleaning windows. Not worth my time and over an hour away but I cant let somebody else service my first and oldest customer.

I dso exactly the same thing. This is my second company, we "separated" when I sold the first one, but I hooked back up with the company 3 years later when I hit the restart button. It was my first apartment contract, not very profitable today as it's a fair haul away, but I still do it - since 1980.

Mikey P

Administrator
One of my favorite accounts is a family I first met with Coit while the wife was pregnant with her 1st child. Somewhere in the late 80's

That child is now in her forth year at college.

Dad died of a heart attack while out running in the late 90's.

I attended the wedding where the wife re-married to the family doctor.

Always a great conversation with lots of hugs.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
My oldest only goes back to '84 when I started cleaning a movie theater.

The movie closed down & is now a backpackers place.

The movie managed moved into a janitorial business & then got me to do all his work.

He's since left but I still do the work there.

He went into real estate, & got me to do his properties.

I still do until this day, even though he has moved on once more.

I'd really like to know how many Rambo (Ray Moody), still had when he retired at 77.

I'm still young, don't turn 70 for another three weeks, but still doing it all, even WDR.

By the way, the pic on my avatar was taken in 1980.

I've aged since then, thirty + years of marriage will do that to you. :winky:

:yoda:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you guys that do restaurants are crazy............

1...new manager every two months!
2...most of the time they don't move tables and chairs as per agreement
3...iingering custys that wanna sit a and chat after they eat
4...late at nite
5...sumbodys gonna rob ya
6...did i say late at nite
7..wait for check

but a gotta admit i did enough when i first started as well

gimme a little old black lady any day!

steve_64

ive been through a few restaurants bob. i have better paying ones now lol.

my oldest customer is the first apartment complex i picked up the first summer i was in business nine years ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom