What kind of machines are these?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Never seen a wand or machine like that one..

hotelinnnn.jpg

John Watson

its a weighted drag wand, that photo I have seen before, If not mistaken that is very simalar if not the same as Dr Edgar P York started selling....

Name
Lee Stockwell
A lot of companies have since that time taken liberties with the truth to "write themselves in to the history books" implying they were first with "steam" cleaning carpets. They were not.

Stanley Steemer, Blackman-Mooring, and many others backdate their companies by decades, when in fact they DIDN'T EXIST in any fashion similar to a steam carpet cleaning company until much after some of the real pioneers in the industry.

Name
Lee Stockwell
bob vawter said:
Lee...where do you feel Gene Bates would place?

About the same era as the pic above, but the above machine came out first. Gene was one of the originators of Steam Genie slightly before he made Big Red, about 1969.

Arnie Ballweber was of that era as well, building bulletproof CDS units before anyone else.

There were pioneers who originated ideas, and second generation innovators who improved on prior art. However the real money was made by the better businessmen who knew how to market and build lasting companies.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
i have never seen a geeky carpet cleaning dude like that either lol.

postaldave

This Machine was made by Steam Services,, Ed York. Its called the Pro, Electric unit that had a #2 blower and a 3 stage vac I think. The Drag tool weighed #65 pounds. And had to pull it as you were backing up,pulling the handle up and so the weight was over the vacuum head. then push down on the handle and move forward. then lift up and pull back spraying the jets and pulling back. I had 1 for years, the only drag was carying the Dam heavy drag wand. Great for extracting water from carpet though. The price at that time was around $4,000 for this stainless steel unit. postaldave.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Judson's also have one of the first patented style drag wand. Les talked about it in one of his recent videos talking about his TNT Propane system.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That is a Deep Steam, we had one in the early 70's. Ed's machines were Vapor Vac's and we also had 3-of them. Low water pressure and positive displacement blower.

We were one of the first in our town to offer "Steam Cleaning". Back then the Better Business Bureau was suing carpet cleaners for using the term Steam. They said we were fooling the public because there was no live steam used in the process.

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom