What kind of scent do you use?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
One of my customers commented the other day on how good my pre spray smells, but by the time I'm finished and rinsed with Prochem All fiber Deep Rinse, usually that smell is pretty much gone.
Some people may like the fact that there is no real noticeable scent in the air after I'm done but I get the feeling that leaving the carpet smelling nice and fresh might be appealing to more people.
I read somewhere that there is a product that smells like "Baby Powder" that I could add to my rinse that would stay smelling like that for a few days even..
Does anyone here know what that might be? I think I would like to try using that.
Are there any scenting products that you guys can recommend? (citrus or Orange are not really what i like.)Are there perhaps scenting products available that would give the customer a few choices?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
isn't one of the flavours offered by Judson a baby powder ?

Sometimes the best scent left is simply a "fresh clean smell". Can't go wrong there. When you have scented solutions there is always someone that won't like it.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Ron Werner said:
isn't one of the flavours offered by Judson a baby powder ?

I thought that there was someplace else that offered fragrances, I was thinking Judson, but I couldn't find it on their site.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I use CTI odor kill for all my post deodorizing. It has a very unique fresh and clean smell that lasts for a while. I mist a couple triggers per room. A couple sensitive people have complained over the years but most people really love it.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Jeremy said:
Try DD12:
http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?ma ... ducts_id=8

There is a little box that has a a selection of 12 fragrances... Baby Powder is one of them.
I realize that scents are not everybody's thing but a lot of women spend quite a bit of money on stuff that smells good. That's why I was kind of looking for some type of "Aromatherapy" kit that I could present to the customer.
The DD12 sounds interesting.From that I could possibly put some kind of "kit" together myself. Has anyone here done something like that?
Do any of those companys have small samples they could send out?
Somewhat unrelated: I saw a brochure from a company called Magic Wand. They sell an all purpose prespray and detergent in one by the name of "Thrashed" and also a powdered deodorizer called Fresh Clean. That seemed like a real economical and simple way to go, but the literature they send out looks a little "cheezy" and I'm not sure if those products are good enough. Does anyone here use them or know anything about this company?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
For a scent the best bang for the buck is perscent from Bane. 100% concentrate. I use cinnamon.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Roxy,

There is no silver bullet for a "scent"...!!!

Here is a TIP... :idea:

Go get you some "ULTRA DOWNEY"...febreeze scent...

Meter it as a rinse...."We have NEVER had a complaint about the scent...only complements."

This will act as a defomer,fabric softner,and water softner...In one fail swoop...!

It will also keep your van smelling fresh...and your WASTE TANK.... :shock:

The women associate the fragrance as being as clean as their CLOTHES... !gotcha!
They KNOW the fragrance....BUT....cannot put 2 & 2 together....Your welcome...!!!!!!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dave Yoakum said:
For a scent the best bang for the buck is perscent from Bane. 100% concentrate. I use cinnamon.

PROVEN.......to take you from a 6 truck operation.....DOWN to an O/O...in record time... :roll:

Roxy I have tried a lot of scented deodorizers etc. and nothing compares to CONQUEST by AERO MANUFACTURING. NOTHING.

I got more compliments using it than all others. You will have to replace the o-ring in your hydroforce valve every couple months but that takes minutes and costs pennies.

It is a booster unlike any of the citrus products Jon Don or Interlink sell.

It has the best citrus fragrance that lasts and will increase the cleaning power of your prespray. Just mix it in your prespray and clean away. Don't mix it strong though. All you need is half a cup (4 oz) in your hydro force.

http://www.redbudsupply.net/aecoddeqt.html

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
Roxy I have tried a lot of scented deodorizers etc. and nothing compares to CONQUEST by AERO MANUFACTURING. NOTHING.

I got more compliments using it than all others. You will have to replace the o-ring in your hydroforce valve every couple months but that takes minutes and costs pennies.

It has the best citrus fragrance that lasts and will increase the cleaning power of your prespray. Just mix it in your prespray and clean away. Don't mix it strong though. All you need is half a cup (4 oz) in your hydro force.

not that replacing o-rings is bad....but every few mths :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

doesnt that seem a bit harsh??

floorguy said:
danielc said:

not that replacing o-rings is bad....but every few mths :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

doesnt that seem a bit harsh??

You don't have to replace the o-ring if you don't mind it dripping. I always would close the ball valve when going from carpet to hardwood etc. Yes the o-ring will need to be swapped out about every 3-6 months. No big deal.

The stuff is hands down the best citrus booster. The fragrance lasts for hours. Try it before you knock it.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
HARPER said:
Roxy,

Meter it as a rinse...."We have NEVER had a complaint about the scent...only complements."

This will act as a defomer,fabric softner,and water softner...In one fail swoop...!

The women associate the fragrance as being as clean as their CLOTHES... !gotcha!
They KNOW the fragrance....BUT....cannot put 2 & 2 together....Your welcome...!!!!!!
I know this stuff and it does smell good. Are you saying to use it instead of a rinse 32 oz per 5 gal at 2-4 gph? Or in addition to my regular rinse?

I tried the fabric softener rinse and the smell fades very quick.

Stick with a good emulsifier like dry slurry and mix it light. Turn your heat up and you will be much happier.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
gimmeagig said:
HARPER said:
Roxy,

I know this stuff and it does smell good. Are you saying to use it instead of a rinse 32 oz per 5 gal at 2-4 gph? Or in addition to my regular rinse?

You can use it as a rinse....!

Try it in your home...you will be amazed ...how will it works...!
Its function is to be used as a rinse in the washing of fabrics... !gotcha!
Add..one CAP-FULL to 5 gal of water...mete @ 2 ...If you want more fragrance ..@4...!

ps..It also has a DESCALING effect in your machine... :!:

TRY IT....! "It is safe...will NOT hurt anything" "Textile or Machine"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
I tried the fabric softener rinse and the smell fades very quick.

Stick with a good emulsifier like dry slurry and mix it light. Turn your heat up and you will be much happier.

Dan,

He is just looking for a FRESH fragrance....for the customer to mask cleaning agents... :idea:

WE FRESH WATER RINSE.....!
IMO....slurry should NEVER be used in a RESIDENTIAL HOME..... :x

The presprays & rinses you use are WAY to HARSH....in the home environment.....!
Especially @ the FLOW ...you operate...NO WAY you can FLUSH that HIGH PH..
Chems out..."SORRY..."Just my opinion"... :oops:

Dry slurry calls for 24 oz or 12 scoops.

I use two to three scoops and meter at 2 gph. There are no residue problems here.

Sorry I used to be a freshwater rinse guy myself and even tried acid rinses. They don't clean or rinse as good as an emulsifier. The fabric softener deal sucked. The detergent just softens the water and gives the water more impact.

Buy you some redline and see what you are missing out on.

I have no problems rinsing a carpet.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Dry slurry calls for 24 oz or 12 scoops.

I use two to three scoops and meter at 2 gph. There are no residue problems here.

Sorry I used to be a freshwater rinse guy myself and even tried acid rinses. They don't clean or rinse as good as an emulsifier. The fabric softener deal sucked. The detergent just softens the water and gives the water more impact.

Buy you some redline and see what you are missing out on.

I have no problems rinsing a carpet.

"You have a REAL problem with "following directions"... :roll:

You buy a real truckmount & ...operate it @ pOrTy sPeed... :oops:
And you buy POWERFUL chemicals...&...use impRoPer diLuTon'S.... :shock:

"If your are ScaRed.....say you are SCARED...."... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
we just cant get through to him though harps....

i mean i give him a ton of shit, so i can see why he ignores me....

but what about jimbo, and you????

sad sad

you should experiment a little Dan...that way you can see for your self...there are some places i dont need all the hub bub..but MOST i benifit greatly from

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I'm still pretty new at this and the only products I have used so far are made by Prochem. The scent is pretty subtle even the floral odor neutralizer they make is barely noticeable when I'm done. I do like nice smells myself even though my sense of smells is not super keen.So that's why I'm looking for another alternative. Like I said for me personally the citrus smell is not all that appealing.A little harsh. I like the scent of baby powder, vanilla almond spring rain.... that type of stuff.
I'm totally open to suggestions as far as my chemicals is concerned. Like I said, i have that catalog from Magic Wand and it seems like their product would end up being pretty reasonable. I don't know if that company spends a lot on R&D but if their stuff is effective and smells good I might like to give some of it a try.
There are so many products out there, that it would be really difficult to evaluate and compare them objectively.It is really confusing to me and that's why I'm glad I have the opportunity to get your take on this.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
floorguy said:
we just cant get through to him though harps....

i mean i give him a ton of shit, so i can see why he ignores me....

but what about jimbo, and you????

sad sad

you should experiment a little Dan...that way you can see for your self...there are some places i dont need all the hub bub..but MOST i benifit greatly from

"I hear you Doug...."

Dan was one of my favorite about a year ago.."Then he became an InStAnT ExPerT.."..:oops:

After ALL the "BIG DOG"...talent left for greener pastures... :cry:

These ROOKIES....took over the board.."SpIttInG oUt"...googled INFO..and Quoting advice
as their OWN..."As if they had any :idea: about what they were saying"... :cry:

There is NO ...............respect around here for "TIME SERVED"....anymore.... :roll:

"JUST LOOK @ OUR MarKeTinG dIrEcToR"... :shock:

These guys do NOT ...have 2 nIcklEs to RUB together..."YET"...they have FREE REIN to
pUkE-oUt...USLESS ADVICE.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Harper good god almighty. Should I clean upholstery on high just to stroke my ego?

I agree this place is getting boring and not the same as it used to be.

You might want to learn how to use a power stretcher and staple gun first before you start dissing my ways. After all you are the expert that can't even fix a door strip for your best clients.

Today I cleaned a nasty poly with the carpet on HIGH. It was nasty and I needed the extra heat and aggressive cleaning action.

Next job was a sofa and two rooms. Sofa on idle and carpet on medium. Loads of heat and great results.

Last job was an empty. No water and I couldn't turn it on as some pipes were busted. I cleaned it on low and guess what? It cleaned great.

For the last time it depends on the job.

I have several high dollar accounts that I do whatever neccessary to get the best results. Minimal advertising with steady high profit jobs day in and day out.

Yes this hack knows what he is doing. WELL I KIND OF KNOW WHAT I AM DOING.

Ok I have no clue.

That is why I worship the ground you old timers walk on. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom