What kind of scent do you use?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dont be an ass....of course you dont clean uph with high...

but i can almost guarantee you that the difference in water usage of med vs low is maybe a gallon or 2...i am guessing thats why you ran it on low??.....i am going to do a bucket test to check for myself....

the other thing is you clean with a fookin 6 flow...that for sure isnt going to make a big dif...

and no i dont get into all the repair BS....and if they are high end clients they dont have fooked up carpets that need fixing...so there...hahahah

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I wish ya'll old folks would fix your caps and smiley face button, so i can read and learn from you! Its like a high school girl texting her friends!

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
joeynbgky said:
I use magic wands deo it smells great.. i also have used some honeysuckle from judson which is good

In that case I have a quart that I will send you, honeysuckle has made EVERY customer that has smelled it GAG... It has that "Old Lady Perfume" smell...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dan,

Don't worry about Harpo.

It's just an alzheimer's rant.

If he makes enough noise they will realize it at the home.

So,they can then wipe the drool off his face and get him back on his meds.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
joeynbgky said:
I wish ya'll old folks would fix your caps and smiley face button, so i can read and learn from you! Its like a high school girl texting her friends!

we have ta try keepin up with ya young puppies :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

floorguy said:
dont be an ass....of course you dont clean uph with high...

but i can almost guarantee you that the difference in water usage of med vs low is maybe a gallon or 2...i am guessing thats why you ran it on low??.....i am going to do a bucket test to check for myself....

the other thing is you clean with a fookin 6 flow...that for sure isnt going to make a big dif...

and no i dont get into all the repair BS....and if they are high end clients they dont have fooked up carpets that need fixing...so there...hahahah

Doug I have never had a performance issue. The results I get are fantastic. I have several big accounts that I will do whatever is necessary to get the best results. I guess I need to buckle down and buy a bigger truck. I never have a problem if I prespray most of the job with a pump and use the hf on the remaining. I can then run on low or medium. Some jobs though are big as hell. I have run out of water with one room left or worse half a room and had to drive clear accross town to get water. The water is locked so I can't turn it on. Most jobs though we run on high and dual wand or medium. Only a small percentage of jobs are where I can't get water. Most jobs are dual wanded. We have a good system

The next situation is when I am cleaning small residential jobs and moving furniture and talking to the customer. I just don't like knowing the machine is running wide open while Mrs. Piff tells me about her problems or just wants to talk. I know the machine is dumping and then sooner rather than latter I will have to dispose of the water on the job site. Now if I know I am going to keep up a good pace, I will clean on whatever. Still for small jobs I get great results on low and doing a few dry strokes. No problems at all. Sometimes we will dual wand residential jobs. I like cleaning with the rx as well. I always run it on medium or high.

For uphosltery I run the machine on idle.

Prespray I use redline and mix 1 cup in the hf with no yellow tip. It cleans great and instead of doing a freshwater rinse I mix up a light mixture of detergent. It works for me.

That is one reason I like this machine so much. It is very versatile.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
In my opinion -as I mentioned it before- the best smelling product to use on urine or just as a nice scent is Shawn Forsythe's very own deodorizing product.

Kleenline deodorizer- mango! Its refreshing to have that enter into your lung after all the different types of citrus products.

I get positive comments on it all the time!

You can get it at Central California Cleaning Supply (CCCS)

Bucey

Name
FFA?
HARPER said:
Its function is to be used as a rinse in the washing of fabrics...
Add..one CAP-FULL to 5 gal of water...mete @ 2 ...If you want more fragrance ..@4...!

harper sounds like good thing to try out. I currently use a acid rinse, cleans great but I feel like its more my pre treatment than anything. bummer i just bought a case of rinse today. Ill still give it a shot !gotcha!

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Hey Roxy...

Nobody ever answered you about Magic Wand Co. They are a good company with plenty of research and development. They use Dr. Aziz for a chemist as lots of these companies do. Great people with great products. Give them a try.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Re: Hey Roxy...

KevinL said:
Nobody ever answered you about Magic Wand Co. They are a good company with plenty of research and development. They use Dr. Aziz for a chemist as lots of these companies do. Great people with great products. Give them a try.
Hey,
Thanks for bringing the thread back to the original question. This forum might have changed over time but still it is such a wonderful source of knowledge that I love it. Sure there are some rant's here and there, but that happens when you get a group of people together.I can easily get past those and filter out the information that is being shared here.
I will call Magic Wand and try their product.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
magicwand is a great company...

i wouldnt how ever recommend using their atomic encap stuff.....didnt break down very well at all when mixing...

oxy blaster worked great and so did magic potion...in fact magic potion cleaned out something that was having issues...i dont remember what it was, just that it wasnt spraying that great, ran that through it and bam

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I like Peroxcellent from Vacaway. Decent smell but no other smells remain and I've cleaned some smelly stuff with it.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Magic wands trashed?? they have trashed, trashed II high ph and trashed green. All of them are great products. I use there grease eater pre-spray on just about everthing its wonderful

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
HARPER said:
gimmeagig said:
HARPER said:
Roxy,

There is no silver bullet for a "scent"...!!!

Here is a TIP... :idea:

Go get you some "ULTRA DOWNEY"...febreeze scent...

Meter it as a rinse...."We have NEVER had a complaint about the scent...only complements."

This will act as a defomer,fabric softner,and water softner...In one fail swoop...!

It will also keep your van smelling fresh...and your WASTE TANK.... :shock:

The women associate the fragrance as being as clean as their CLOTHES... !gotcha!
They KNOW the fragrance....BUT....cannot put 2 & 2 together....Your welcome...!!!!!!
I know this stuff and it does smell good. Are you saying to use it instead of a rinse 32 oz per 5 gal at 2-4 gph? Or in addition to my regular rinse?

You can use it as a rinse....!

Try it in your home...you will be amazed ...how will it works...!
Its function is to be used as a rinse in the washing of fabrics... !gotcha!
Add..one CAP-FULL to 5 gal of water...mete @ 2 ...If you want more fragrance ..@4...!

ps..It also has a DESCALING effect in your machine... :!:

TRY IT....! "It is safe...will NOT hurt anything" "Textile or Machine"

Just to make sure I understand it right,just the ultra downey, nothing else???
I'm intrigued. It sounds almost too good to be true.I sure like the descaling benefit.I'll try it at my house. Can I use it on olefin nylon and maybe even wool? Someone said the scent doesn't stay around very long. I just cleaned a house with pet odors using flourosil odor neutralizer. The client doesn't live in the house.He showed up three days after I did the job and told me it still smells nice and that he will check again in a few days to see if the odor might have come back. I sure hope the deodorizer holds up. Not really fair to me or is it? I don't like the pressure.Now if I would have done the same job using Ultra Downey, would that have kept the house smelling nice for a week also? If not, could I add other stuff to it or would that screw the whole thing up? Colliding scents, chemical reactions....What about really filthy carpet where I would use Dry Slurry? Could I still mix in some Ultra Downey?
I'm still going to check out Magic Wand but the Ultra Downey thing sounds really great and I know I like the smell.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Don't know how long the scent would last, lasts a little while on clothes.

The only thing I can think of that may be an issue is that fabric softeners are cationic. They will void a Stainmaster warrantee, not to mention take away stain protection. I believe it will react with the protector on the carpet. Waterproofed clothing has a warning not to add fabric softener.
Also, if I remember correctly, doesn't it leave a residue?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Ron Werner said:
Don't know how long the scent would last, lasts a little while on clothes.

The only thing I can think of that may be an issue is that fabric softeners are cationic. They will void a Stainmaster warrantee, not to mention take away stain protection. I believe it will react with the protector on the carpet. Waterproofed clothing has a warning not to add fabric softener.
Also, if I remember correctly, doesn't it leave a residue?
I guess that would be a good reason not to use it on newer carpets or on carpets where I would apply protector afterward.
I will be getting set up to offer protector soon.(I'm looking for a good pump sprayer that doesn't look like I bought it at Home Depot) so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by rinsing with a product that will make it impossible to apply protector later.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Roxy,

This thread has gone alittle...SiDeWaYS....!

What ..I read was you were looking for a "Fresh Clean Fragrance" that would NOT
be offensive to your client. The fabric softner...has no ODOR REMOVING capabilities.

It is a SCENT...that many women associate with something being CLEAN.... !gotcha!

The scent will FADE usually by the next day...! Remember...You are only metering @
2 to 4 GPH...There is only about 4 ounces of the concentrate in the CAP FULL of
Ultra Downy....!

There is not enough chemical being dispersed to EFFECT any type of manufacturers warranty..

If you are seeking a longer lasting scent.....? Use a professional product of YOUR choice...

PS...If you have a client that will not see the job for a couple of days....?
You can get some Fabric softener.."DRYER SHEETS"...and attach them to the HVAC filter...
This will circulate a FRESH scent through-out the home for days... :idea:

Back
Top Bottom