What % Minority do you employ?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
We are just above or below 50%, depending on if you count a 60+ year old Caucasian woman as a minority or not. I'm guessing not, but I don't know of many other gals her age in this business...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
You're just trying to keep the white man down Chavez.... :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're just trying to keep the white man down Chavez.... :shock:
:lol:

Every now and then we actually have some crew leaders that experience reverse discrimination when they show up and the customer says "you're not Mexican. " :shock:

Name
Jesse
Right now:
8 Hispanics
1 Hardcore African
1 African American
4 whites

Last year it was:
1 Hispanic
1 Hardcore African
1 African American
7 whites

P

petescarpet

1 black
2 Whites
1 Bipolar Mexican that was been fired 3 times, and quit 4 times :lol: :lol:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I'll bet it's interesting working with a part time female.

you never know who it is going to be that day..........shawn or shawna

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'd have to sit down with an employee list. It doesn't make a difference to us, so the only time race comes up is when some old bigot customer decides not to like someone. Top of head I'd guess we're at least 35% minority, with Blacks Mexicans, Pacific Islanders, Chinese, East Indian and Vietnamese all represented. The only non-citizen is from the Congo.

A very good group of people.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
We get a lot of racist old coots here in MT. When we know there's gonna be a problem we prep our guys for it. "Let your crew leader know if it gets to be too much and we'll pull you from the job, but we really appreciate you putting up with this numbskull and their baseless accusations."

They're cool with it. One of my guys arrived 5 minutes early for a late night job, and waited by the door. Nobody who worked there would leave the building until I showed up and shook his hand, then they were all alright. He pointed it out to me. I was joking with him, if we could only have heard them... "Oh, it's one of those, I've read about them. I think you're supposed to hold onto your purse and not make eye contact."

Greg Loe

1 Californian white something
1 Alabamian white male

Hiring a female in December, don't know where she's from, but she's fluent in Spanish

My white female bookkeeper comes in once a week, does she count?

Chris A

Name
Chris
just a pudgy white guy on the truck now, my wife's Italian, does that count? Hiring a minority worker wouldn't bother me much, white guys steal shit too...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Posted on the door of the shop is a sign that reads: "DON'T STEAL! THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T NEED THE COMPETITION!!!"

And it happened to be a white guy who was stealing. We can't prove anything, but it appears he remodeled his entire house by over-purchasing on restoration jobs and took off with a bunch of sensors, a couple of dewalt power tool kits and various other tools. We ended up getting the sensors back. He tried to pin it on me, and it didn't work so the sensors just showed up in the shop on day on top of a pile of my stuff.

Josh Adler

ok here it goes

Black- 4
Pacific islander- 5
Mexican- 21
Pueto rican- 2
Peruvian-2
Afgani-1

White-21

Who is really the minority?

Latest posts

Back