What precautions should I take when cleaning natural stone??

hanks75

I know that I should use and akaline tile cleaner. I have stonetech's klenzall on the van. Is that a good product to go with. Can I still run 1000 psi with 230 degrees of heat. Thanks for your help!!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Re: What precautions should I take when cleaning natural sto

I don't use kelnzall but hear it's good stuff. If the grout is ok 1,000 psi is ok. I personally clean most stone at about 800 psi and let the cleaner dwell longer. Keep an eye on the travertine fill not popping out as well.

Albert

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

Can you readily identify different types of stone? If not then that would be my first order of business. Knowing which stones you can nuke and which ones need to be treated like babis can be somewhat important.

Mikey P

Administrator

You'll etch the hell out of a lot of stones @ 1000 psi.

Scrub mechanically and 500 psi rinse is much wiser.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy

take an introduction to natural stone class or go to dirtygrout.com....1000 psi? i've had to regrout non sanded grout that blew out under 500 psi

leesenter

We use a marble and stone cleaner which is neutral.
I would not use alkalines and acids

Gary T

You don't have to use neutral cleaner on stone. You can use an alkaline cleaner that is formulated for stone. Some stronger alkalines for tile can etch some stone. Stone Prep form This Old Grout is an excellent alk cleaner for stone. Some stones you can nuke, some you can use acid. No sense in limiting your cleaning effectiveness by not using a good cleaner. Go to the cleaning chem sites and look for chems formulated for stone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom