What questions are you asked most ?

Name
I'm Rick James
The walk through is one of the most important steps IMO. I have been to alot of house in the 10 years I have been doing this and the questions are usually the same. Dry time, approx time to complete, furniture moving and others. During the walk through I go over all of them. I dont have a script becuase each customer I handle different depending on their personality.
The question I do leave open for them to ask me is "How often should they clean their carpets". I do that for various reasons and when I talk to them I can most always get them to ask it too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"How soon before we can walk on it?"

Scripted (SFS) at first, but once they are comfortable and understand our goal, they soon free lance within that framework.

Rex Tyus

"Will you lock the door when you leave?"

I haven't had a new customer that wasn't a referel in so long I wouldn't know what to say.

TimP

Biggest questions are dry times. And are you gonna be able to get that stain out? (customers always assume they have stains) Can you walk on the carpet is pretty common. I also get how long have you been cleaning carpet. Another big one is how often should they clean their carpet.

G

how much?

how long will it take you to clean it?

how long will it take to dry?

I charge by the sq ft.

usually about 2 hours.

usually about 4 hours depending on airflow in your house; crack a window here and there, leave ceiling fans on, leave heater on, I used my air-mover- it should dry real nice.

Something like that.

TimP

Larry B said:
First is always What is the dry time?

Second Will you sleep with me? 8)

Some customers I'd like to hear #2 but for 90+% that are fugly...... thank god they never ask.

Chris A

Name
Chris
on the phone: how much, what systems, typical sheet.

At the job- how long to dry, how long before I can move back my stupid little baskets and floor lamps, etc. Do you mind if my dog f*cks your leg while your working?

Lately I've been getting a lot of "Do I have to vacuum after you're done?" Dunno whats up with that.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The questions vary, but one thing you can be sure of.

They're never so complicated that your average 4 year old can't answer them without a script.

Mikey P

Administrator
1.I had no idea you were this handsome and witty, would you marry me?

2.Are you going to leave peacefully or do I have to call the police?

Fred Homan

I sweat sooo bad when I clean carpet. Do you want to take a shower? (When I'm done) I said if you scrub my back.... :shock: :D

Name
Eric Valentine
Fred Homan said:
I sweat sooo bad when I clean carpet. Do you want to take a shower? (When I'm done) I said if you scrub my back.... :shock: :D

I get that too, sometimes with an offer to wash my clothes while showering. I also get "If I were only your age...." while they fan themselves. :shock:

Scott

"What's up with the panties hanging out of your back pocket?"

Mrs. Pifflewaffle on Tood's computer

Mikey P

Administrator
Eric Valentine said:
[quote="Fred Homan":2b8wdc7g]I sweat sooo bad when I clean carpet. Do you want to take a shower? (When I'm done) I said if you scrub my back.... :shock: :D

I get that too, sometimes with an offer to wash my clothes while showering. I also get "If I were only your age...." while they fan themselves. :shock:[/quote:2b8wdc7g]

Eric, did he offer to get in the shower with you?

Name
Eric Valentine
Mikey P said:
[quote="Eric Valentine":4udpqufb][quote="Fred Homan":4udpqufb]I sweat sooo bad when I clean carpet. Do you want to take a shower? (When I'm done) I said if you scrub my back.... :shock: :D

I get that too, sometimes with an offer to wash my clothes while showering. I also get "If I were only your age...." while they fan themselves. :shock:[/quote:4udpqufb]

Eric, did he offer to get in the shower with you?[/quote:4udpqufb]

They weren't guys.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I hear the same as most have already mentioned.

how often should it be cleaned?
how long to dry?
etc

the one no one mentioned is

"do you think it's bad?"
or
"it's really dirty, isn't it?"

Those type questions.

which I think really mean,

"do you think I'm a terrible house keeper"?

so no matter how trashed the place is, don't tell 'em

"YES, THIS CARPET LOOKS LIKE HE11 YOU LAZY BAR TRAMP"

More often than not, the ones who ask those type questions generally have the cleanest homes.
I'm glad too, cause I'm not a good liar....
I don't lie to the ones that ARE trashed if they ask, but I do get very creative and avoid having to answer the question by telling her what kind of rat holes we see in rentals and how it's very rare we see anything in residential that compares to them

..L.T.A.

Name
R.J. Povio
how about when cleaning and you get a night and day difference and the custy says "Is that the soap making it look so much brighter or is that how dirty the carpet is?"

Or will my cats/dogs be ok walking/laying on the carpet

is this the worst/dirtiest carpet you have ever seen?

whats the deal with the 9.95 per room deals?

does your arm get sore?....from pushing the wand back and forth all day

I love when women custys say...my...thats a big hose you have there..I say yes mam it is...they usually realize what they said a few seconds after they say it

where does all the dirty water go?

how much do you charge for a room?...we charge by the sq ft

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom