what should I charge for marble/ stone work

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I formed an alliance with a local marble and stone company .They dont know of anyone in my area who can hone, polish, or clean , stone for their customers. I have an idea what I would charge to clean and ad enhancers and sealers, but have no idea what I should charge to hone or polish via diamond impregnated pads. is there a going rate?

What ever you feel is fair just double that amount.

I have a stretch job Friday (three rooms, one large closet, and a bath that needs two seams) for 600.

See I don't stretch carpet for a living so I can price it high because I don't care if I get the job or not. Most times I get the job. The guy helping me prices much more conservative, but he has to because that is what he does for a living. I pay him good, we both make decent money, and we work good together.

Don't worry about the going rate.

Just make money.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Last i heard...its about $1.50 a ft per grit...

so if they or you want it up to a 1000 grit and very little cutting say

120, 240, 500, 1000 of course it depends on what grits you use for exact numbers....but then its 4 X $1.50, so $6 a ft + your cost for powder polishing....

The few I have done, I usually go higher for heavier cutting say 1.75, or $2 a ft for metals, or up to 200...then drop half.....

You use up your diamonds faster on heavy cuts, which i suppose you know...hence higher for early grits, and less on others...

There again.....its what the customer wants/can afford....(maybe ill make that my sig)

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I guess for me it's about $3.50. A few grits, polish and seal. More for smaller jobs or smaller rooms. Large jobs with big open spaces will be less. Keep in mind what you want to make in a day, every job will be different.

"Diamond impregnated pads". Are you talking about monkey pads?. If yes you need to know their limitations.

Albert

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The techs I know using the Spinergy pads or similar are getting $1.25 for the first grit and about $1 for each additional grit for the honing / polishing / shining steps. Cleaning and sealing would be additional.

Of course, you need to know your own expenses and what it takes for you to make a profit.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I must be doing something wrong. $5.25 a sft for what is considered a very light 5 step restoration (monkey pads). :shock:

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom