What size brush for a 17" floor machine?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I'm placing my order with Powr-flite for their 17" classic floor machine with solution tank. They have 2 sizes for scrub brushes - 18" or 15". Which is the size that I need?

I would like to get the Mytee set-up from the auction, it is just hard to pass on the $399 sale @ Powr-flite.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the bigger brush will let you get up to edges. I don't know why you would want the smaller one. I have a 20 with a 21" brush.

gene

Jay D

Name
Jay D
15 will fit under the machine and usually standard on a 17. 18 will require a riser to let it clear the machine. 17 is strong enough to push a 19 or 20 also but again a riser is needed. Don't forget the clutch plate too.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The 18" brush will give you a little more productivity but requires a riser fitting. The 15" will set into the machine housing and protect furniture and walls from the rotating brush and will actually be faster overall in residential settings when you factor in doing the repairs to painted walls and fabric and wood etc. that will occur when the unprotected 18" brush scrapes things. I would buy both brushes and use the one most appropriate on a given job. The 15" brush will flatten out and go up to the edges good enough unless you have some serious filtration lines to scrub and then you will have to do some detail work by hand.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
http://www.jondon.com/catalog/default.p ... 05aacb5c3a

A clutch plate is the part that screws onto the top of the brush that allows it to interface/connect with the machine.. A riser plate is a ring of plastic that spaces the clutch plate from the brush so a larger brush can fit on the machine. Some machines require a riser plate for any attachment, I have an old Tornado stainless Steel 175 that needs to have a riser on both my 18 inch adjust a glide brush and my pad driver.

Name
John LaBarbera
I would only use a 15" on a 17" floor machine from Powerflite. I'm not sure, but if it is a 1 hp with double planetary gears instead of triple planetary gears you won't have the torque for the 18"

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Spend the extra dollars and get the Mytee Floor Machine.

John has done a good job on that 1.5HP machine.

It should handle stone polishing if that might be a possible diversification.

Standard would be a 15" brush which should flare to the edge of the machine after break-in.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom