what sort of gas millage should I expect from this truck?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Re: what sort of gas millage should I expect from this truck

Richard, do you have separate extracting units or am I missing something in the picture?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Thanks Lee!

Here are the inside of the Butler in box and some more.

I'll stop, I hijacked Mike post. :oops:

Butler9-1.jpg

5.jpg

Van3.jpg

15DuctTruck.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Richard, do you have separate extracting units or am I missing something in the picture?
#8, #9, #20 (and #4 & #13 not pictured) are all WDR trucks that have 18-Drizair Airmovers, 3-Drizair 2000's and 1-Drzair Evolution and TM extractors or as in #9, it's a Butler unit.

#14 does not have a TM, #14 is a support vehicle. they have a Flood Pumpers in there in case it's needed for extraction, but losse are not normally processed out of this truck.

IMG_0341-1.jpg

Jeremy N

Supportive Member

For my second unit I was thinking about just rigging up my enclosed trailer. It's brand new and already is rhino lined. You think this will work good for a back-up unit with a flood pumper in it?

Of course I would rather have a box van, but until then it might work for emergencies.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Sure it would work, heck you could even throw in a small TM extractor if you wanted.

Many many years ago we use to use Flood pumpers for wdr and TM's were exclusively for carpet cleaning. We didn't have that many at the time and it didn't make much sense to have it waiting on WDR work when it could be cleaning.

Flood pumpers work great, we would park it on the porch and pumped the water into the yard. A Flood pumper will work you to death if you don't take a break. A TM fills up and you rest while you dump it. A Flood pumper never stops, unless you want to stop.

We eventully got more work and needed a truck dedicated to WDR and then just added more dedicated trucks as the frequency increased.

lance

Very nice trucks Richard.

It's great to see them neat and clean. I don't know much about trucks so are they gas or diesel? Have you ever thought about having a Sprinter in your business?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

We have two diesel's both Ford's, the Low Cab Forward and a Powerstroke, the rest are gas. We bought both when diesel was cheaper than gas but of course now that we have them gas is cheaper.

Both have been good trucks but when ever there has been a problem it's a hassle. Ford doesn't have a truck center here and the best diesel mechanic is on the opposite side of town. Every time it needs work it's expensive, I don't think we will buy anymore diesels.

The Sprinter, I'm not fond of the looks and the space. They are so tall and narrow, I don't think they would work out well for us. By the time you get a machine it there I don't know if we could fit enough drying equipment for what we need. ???

lance

Richard, in that case I think the only Sprinter that would work for you is the cab/chasis one with a custom box. Kind of what the Bethals' use.

Do you think the diesel mileage offsets the higher price of diesel fuel?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom