What the heck is going on here?

Mikey P

Administrator
1591974949510.png
1591974958047.png
1591974966946.png

Not my project, sent to me from a cleaner...

Client has no clue

Looks to be water intrusion but I've never seen translucent porcelain...

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Water intrusion I’ve seev it before. Shower failed or there’s leaking plumbing. Most don’t realize tiles not a 100% waterproof especially if the water gets underneath

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I have actually seen that many time over the years as house cleaner, never gave it a second thought until now.

Name
Jeff T
Is it a camera artifact, or does the darker color go up onto the base/baseboard heater/whatever is on the wall? (Pic #2)

If that's water below the tile, I'd like to know the condition of the substructure.
Almost looks like it’s crept up the tile in this photo aswell...

73464560-9F56-4351-8D63-B71D2B661A78.png

Condog

Name
Tony
Insurance will pay for access to the damaged plumbing, and putting bathroom back together. They will not pay to have the plumbing fixed though. To take care of your client have them hire a contractor to access and replace everything.
They'll need to hire a plumber to repair the plumbing only. The insurance will pay everything but the plumber.

If the plumber has to take apart plumbing to access the failed pipe, have him write up the reason he moved plumbing to access failed plumbing and if worded that it was to access the failed plumbing, the insurance should even pay for this part of the plumbers bill.
The plumber would have to be willing to write up the repair to satisfy the insurance, so you'd need to find a plumber willing to do so.

If the tile breaks and cannot be matched, they'll pay for all the floor tile to be replaced too.

Years ago it was hard to find contractors knowledgeable about insurance claims. With the bad economy many contractors know how to do this kind of work now.

FredC

Village Idiot
You sure do have a lot of knowledge about these people's policy........

that doesn't look sudden or accidental

*they may pay for it but I wouldn't go telling any customer what insurance will or won't pay for....

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
looks like gradual damage, most likely not covered by insurance at all

I’ve seen it on sudden losses but FredC is correct better to not step into it without the facts.

We’ve seen more than one claim denied because

A. Customer allowed to much time before contacting insurance creating further damage and showing negligence.

B. Was purely from a lack of proper maintenance see this more on roofs well from my experience

Reactions: Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Did a small wdr this week, custys hotwater cylinder had slight leak and took 4 days for plumber to turn up.

Custy called insurance 2 days later (my hall smells and the door sticks)

I was sent by insurance company, but they are talking about possibly not covering it.

If insurance company had been notified earlier, they would of got a plumber in sooner is their stance

steve_64

I wonder if that tile is ceramic or porcelain or if it would make much difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom