What the . . ? ! ?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Flojet stops working....

I had one laying around I pulled off a sold setup the guy didn't need. Put it on a battery to test it, it turned right on.

Pull the dead one out of the van, put the used one in - nothing - dead.

Check the leads, they have power.

Grab a new one from the parts room - put it in - viola - works.

So I take the dead one that was in the van and the used one to a battery and they both run just fine when connected to a battery.

Don't want to toss out two flojets that might still be good. Any theories ?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Could be the micro switch is sticky. Have an extra one on hand, they are cheap and easy to replace.

Jerry

Supportive Member
I had the same thing happen to my flowjet 2 weeks ago, it is replaced with a Aquatec(see post i started this morning in the "hardware" section) on the third pump now, it will work for a couple of jobs then quit. It will not stop pumping even after the water box fills up?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Could be the micro switch is sticky. Have an extra one on hand, they are cheap and easy to replace.

Thought that too, but I had wires temporarily connected directly to the TM battery, and the wires coming from the TM that power the pump with the wires powered (verified with a meter).

Connect + / - to the tm wires, nothing, to the battery wires, they ran. This was with all 3 pumps laying there not hooked up.

The new pump ran in both situations.

Went back and forth 3 times actually.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I had a starter once that I pulled out because I thought it was bad......put it on the bench and tested it..it worked great......put it back in......nothing...but everything I checked kept leading me back to the starter...

long story short.....a bench test is not very accurate sometimes....there is a big difference from a free flowing bench test...then something that is put under a load......

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Absolutely, but it doesn't even turn on (motor spin) on the TM power leads. But goes full tilt on leads run right to the battery.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Absolutely, but it doesn't even turn on (motor spin) on the TM power leads. But goes full tilt on leads run right to the battery.

are you sure that you are getting ..12 volts.......put a meter on you pump in your van and turn it on and see if you have a drop in voltage......

Reactions: SMRBAP

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Will give it a whirl Monday - who knows, maybe there is and the new on fires on 10v and the used one won't.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Will give it a whirl Monday - who knows, maybe there is and the new on fires on 10v and the used one won't.

when they get more worn out they will fight for as much voltage as they can....newer ones aren't as particular....but it will make them ware faster......D/C voltage is less forgiving then A/C voltage...you always want to make sure you have a strong 12 volts...you can test it while it is off...just make sure it is strong while pulling a load...size wire will play a factor in this also....to small will cause a power draw......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom