what to bid

C

cucu

55,000 sq ft office space, glue down carpet , not bad shape, coit and stan have already put in bids. with 4 trucks im thinking i can get it done in one shot
the trucks will be 2 judsons 1 ss and 1 vortex, it will be done in the evening time

how much you guys think i should bid it at per sqft, it,s only going to be done once a year

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
... only you know your costs: How about how many guys?, if you want to get it done in 8 hours you would have to averaging about 1700 sqft per hour, even 12 hours would be pushing 1100 sqft per hour per truck.. (I'm assuming you are run single wand per truck.. less you plan on dualling with the vortex and one or both of the Judson's.

Even at .10/sqft, $5500.00 is not bad, but split across 4 trucks and however many guys..

TimP

If you have a lot of rooms cubicles etc to do. Lowest I'd bid is .13 as much as .18. And considering it must be done in one night I doubt there are many other companies that can do it in one night so that will bring the price up. But only you really know your market.

If you can encap some of it and have some cimex's at your disposal you could lower the price even further.

C

cucu

it does not need to be done all in one night , but to keep cost down i would like to get it done in one night , 5 wands ,6 people

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
yes im a newb but i say .10 will get it. If no preferance then yes encap low traffic areas

if they want HWE then .12 and play up better equipment, family business, ill will be on job bla bla bla. cant hurt

C

cucu

that would be Black and called GUINNESS.......there ain't no devil in hell while Danny is walking this earth

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
cucu said:
55,000 sq ft office space, glue down carpet , not bad shape, coit and stan have already put in bids. with 4 trucks im thinking i can get it done in one shot
the trucks will be 2 judsons 1 ss and 1 vortex, it will be done in the evening time

how much you guys think i should bid it at per sqft, it,s only going to be done once a year

Make it 2 judsons, 2 cimexs, and 5 guys. .12 sq ft - 8 hours. 2 wanders with a hose puller, 2 cimexs running on the low or no soil stuff. Works like a champ. Waffle house for breakfast.

Ryan

Jamesh921 said:
HWE = .12¢ sf

Encap = .10¢ sf

I'm not one to tell people what they should charge, but most pricing structures have a bigger gap between HWE and encap. You may want rethink your pricing if thats what your charging.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
If it was those two that bid they probably did not come in too cheap. I'd shoot for .15-.18 sft.

Albert

Name
R.J. Povio
stanley steemer charges about 20 cents a square here for commercial in Rochester NY. With jobs of that size 10 to 15 cents is good money. Its hard around here for a job that size to get 18 to 20 cents. I think a great cleaning and getting it done in one night is something to emphasize. I have gotten jobs because I can have 3 or 4 trucks on a job this size. Even if you got 4000 bucks on that job, you would still make money if you did it in one night. You should easily clear near 3000 after most expenses.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
HWE
.10 if it's easy, open areas & allowed multiple entry points.

If cubicles it's going to slow your production, add .02

If forced to come in 1-entry point and extended hose lengths are needed, it's going to slow production, add another .02.

With a crew that size I'd try to clean it over 2-days so you don't kill anybody.

Encap
.08 Open areas, traffic lanes & funnel areas
Cubicles add .02

Several months back we cleaned 30,000 sq ft, extended hose lengths, single entry, heavily soiled and it took 4-crews 9-hours with a 30-minutes lunch break.

Did the same area but Encapped this time with 3-Cimex's (pad driver came apart otherwise we would have had 4-Cimex's) and 2-Orbots and they cleaned it in 4-hours and were done by lunch.

*The Encapping actually looked better than the HWE that took twice as long. :cry:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
May be able to gt those $ in Kalifornia~ in Deetroit about half that for 50k sq ft. You know your market and the degree of difficulty. Also could try the "show me the other prices and offer to beat the best one by $100" routine. If it works you may be able to charge more than if you go in blind with a price, or worst case if the low one is too low (I doubt it) you can alwasy back out and say they should try that one.

-JB-

Name
JB
cu

For what its worth ...
Its been inspiring to watch your business grow so nicely in the few short years I've know
you...goodonya!

Your a good man from what I can tell . Keep up the good work!

Keep on inspiring us!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom