what to do first

Don Gray

I am wondering what I should do first to make my lil steamway a better carpet cleaning machine.

1- add a little giant heater
2- add a water softener
3- both

tell me what ya think
don

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I don't know what Steamway your running but if your not already using soft water, do this first. It will reduce chemical use and eliminate your need to descale besides giving your customer a better job. If or when you add a heater you will absolutley want soft water. I won't run a day without it. Just my humble opinion.

Don Gray

Hey Shane, I am running a little steamway sidekick, 16 h.p., #3 blower. I get about 150 degrees at the machine so in my thinking I definitely need a heater, but I also want to give my customers the best I can give them, so that's where the softer water comes in to play.

Right now my customers are very satisfied with my results, I am giving them relatively good dry times (around 1 hour) w/ two airpaths and multiple dry strokes, and clean carpet. But I really have to work hard to get those good results because of the low heat levels.

I really thank you for your in sites.
Don

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
depending on the heater you want, id get the heater i got...its only a few $$ more and the heat flat out rocks

Greenie

How hard is your water?

Some areas just aren't all that hard in the first place.

You can always use agitation to level the playing field.

Lots of second hand little giants out there keep your eyes peeled, even a small #2 would put you over the top and it would be a gas miser, not turkey pot miser but close.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom