What to do. I think I know the answer

I have been cleaning a commercial place for about a year. I am supposed to do a monthly cleaning for 200 and do the whole building each quarter for 650. The whole building takes me 3.5 hours with one helper. They are always late paying me but eventually I get paid. The terms are 45 days. I cleaned for them on 9-29-09 and then again on 12-16-09 and have not been paid. I have contacted them several times and they have made excuses like the invoice was never submitted and they would do it right away. I just got off the phone with the corporate offfice and just learned the invoices still have not been submitted. The manager wants me to clean the whole building soon, but I told him I need to get paid on the past invoices first. I think I am going to let this account go no matter how easy it is. It doesn't matter whether the job is 100 or 10,000. If I can't get paid on time, the job is not worth it. I am going to tell the manager that I have given them several oportunities to get their payment problems solved and if they want their carpet cleaned they are going to have to pay at them time services are rendered. If they have a problem with that policy I will make it clear to them that I will place a sign at my suppliers notifying all the carpet cleaners to avoid this place and to spread the word. They can get their carpet cleaned, but not from a respectable truck mounted company.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
talk to corporate again and see if you can directly submit the invoices..

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i don't like the idea of bad mouthing a place of business regardless of the circumstances. stop if you want, but keep the reasons to yourself.

gene

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
GeneMiller said:
i don't like the idea of bad mouthing a place of business regardless of the circumstances. stop if you want, but keep the reasons to yourself.

gene

Agreed.
Being more aggressive with collections, or even refusing to service them is one thing, but making it public to others in "your industry", might not make yourself look too professional to them. A friendly warning to another cleaner is ok, but you can't go posting shit like that at a supplier, and I doubt they would let you.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Have you handled any of this in person? Don't lose the account, but don't clean until you get paid - each time.

It is hard (harder) to lie in person - for most.....

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
GeneMiller wrote:

gene

Agreed.
Being more aggressive with collections, or even refusing to service them is one thing, but making it public to others in "your industry", might not make yourself look too professional to them. A friendly warning to another cleaner is ok, but you can't go posting shit like that at a supplier, and I doubt they would let you.

Was the original post edited, because I don't see anything wrong with it. Don't see any names getting mentioned.

Albert

I called the manager today and let her know I was unhappy that I have emailed her three times since december about the september invoice and each time she told me that she would resubmit the invoice. Now I have not been paid in 5 months. They had the nerve to ask me to clean the whole building next week. I told them I would when I get paid. And yes when I do get paid it is scrub and run on this job. I need to get some pads and encap juice. What pads should I use with a 175? The carpet is not very dirty and is a multi colored cgd. The only real soil in the place is in the front entrance. I can extract that.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Albert Lazo said:
GeneMiller wrote:

gene

Agreed.

Was the original post edited, because I don't see anything wrong with it. Don't see any names getting mentioned.

Albert

Your right, I was referring to his idea of posting a public notice at his supplier, mentioning this problem account.

Farenheit251

I had a similar situation with a chain restaurant. The DM was making budget and bonus by stretching out paying. The new DM had an awful mess to start with when he left. Fortunately I had gone to the old DM and explained humbly that I needed the money to provide for my family or else I would be home sleeping at night and he agreed to pay me cash each night which is great.

$650 is alot of money. I'd probably have to work all week to make that much if my biz failed. I wouldn't work without getting paid,but I would review my Dale Carnegie book and then make every effort to salvage the acct. They are probably in financial trouble but I doubt your $650 is significant to them. Some bills are getting paid as the lights/water are still on-you just need to convince them to put your bill on the right stack.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i would just keep working with them and try harder to collect but, if you are really busy and this is wasting time of working on other jobs i would dump the account.

The Preacher

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT use dirty water with a foul smell to do a scrub and run (after you git paid for the past due amounts) on yore next cleaning. DO NOT over apply a chemical that will leave sticky residue and cause rapid resoiling to the areas. DO NOT use a foul smelling (to them) solvent/oil based deoderizer that will linger for the exact amount of time it takes for you to receive payment for past cleanings!!! :twisted:

Mike Draper

I absolutely would not do the job until you get paid. Obviously there is a reason you are not getting paid. A company did this to me a while ago. I took in many invoices, and got the same run around. My last invoice had a letter stating I would file a claim against them in court if I was not paid in Full with late fees within 48 hours. I hand delivered the letter, and was paid the next day. I wont do work for people that don't want to pay me for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom