What to do

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Regular client called and request a cleaning and informed me there was a small amt of blood and that the customer had a staph infection and will be out several days at the hospital. I have cleaned lots of blood but have no exposure to this type of clean up. Do I exercise caution and do the job or pass on it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is probably a good time to take a Bloodborne Pathogens program. You can do so online and it only costs $24.00
http://www.bloodbornepathogentraining.com/bloodborne-pathogen-training.aspx

As far as staph, you can get it from a lot of things, door knobs furniture, walls any where people touch.

We would approach it with full PPE (Splatter shield, gloves, tyvek) it may look funny but who wants staph? :eekk:

Spray Microban, allow to set 10-minutes or more while you setup then extract as normal. Respray and dry. Will that kill it? It will in that spot but it can still be spread by nose or mouth.

Reactions: J Scott W

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Yeah sure I do 98% of them are "normal" am I sharing to much of my drama? I really need to stay away more anyways.

Connor

Name
Connor
You could just OP it, I hear that's very successful when there's blood involved.

Hi, A/S/L ?

Name
BradFenstermaker
If you have the PPE gear wear it. Have some 20 or 40 volume handy for the blood removal and stain. It is worse knowing when they tell you something like this. But I know we have all been in worse enviroments unknowingly I am sure.

So go get the money and be very careful.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Well heck Mike I was gonna share my latest events with my 6 week new tech but never mind it would just bore you anyways, all I will say is I managed to keep it in the family.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
If you have the PPE gear wear it. Have some 20 or 40 volume handy for the blood removal and stain. It is worse knowing when they tell you something like this. But I know we have all been in worse enviroments unknowingly I am sure.

So go get the money and be very careful.

exactly my thoughts Brad, I've cleaned worse just wasn't made aware of it. I 'm sure the director of the facility was just covering his arse

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom