What type of equipment to start-up with

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Rick4Life said:
Hello All!

A huge question I would like some advice on is what equipment should I start with? I'm assuming since I am only starting with $2000, and there are more expenses than just the equipment in the start-up phase that I will need to finance it (not an issue).

I would like something that shows me as a professional, however does not require long term expertise to operate and carry around. I will be starting out with a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT to lug everything around.
Rick

I like the truck. With a nice cab on it you could outfit yourself with a good used portable and a 175 and a good sprayer for $2000. Start work as a subcontractor and do lots of work, learning the business. This can be done on the cheap. A friend of mine just moved to Florida after running his business up here for 36 years. He is now a sub making 32%, and he is only allowed to use portables. Last week he told me he had his best week ever grossing $3500, working alone, so he is making money while doing his own jobs on the side and slowly building his own business in the new area. They use Ninjas.
f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-0l3a58bbgf]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
danielc said:
Brian did you really just say that?

You have to be kidding right?

You would seriously go for the business that does 5 mil but nets the owner 500k as opposed to making 140k on 200k?

What happens when you quit putting your money back into your business considering you are not saving very much?

Let's say you do reach 5 mil (that will never happen) and you spend years doing that, you will have re-invested most of your money to get to that status and yes you will always have to pay for customers.

You worked hard to build a business that nets 500k. Good job. Now hoefully after years of hard work you will finally be able to save some money.

Now look at the small owner that does 200k. Also an owner that is any good will grow revenues every year, but we will say the owner is content netting 140k. That 140k goes into savings, real estate, and real investments. The owner saves, invests, and money compounds.

In ten years who will have more money if the small owner is now worth millions, retired, and did it a lot easier?

That 10% is after all expenses including reinvesting....that 10% is a paycheck...most of which will go into saving at that level.
Just making sure you understood.
Either business model is fine but I want to keep growing...and $5 milliion isn't unattainable.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hey ...mArY...AKA..."Mister GIVE BACK"... :!:

Why don't you take this kid.."uNdEr YouR WinG"...with a FREE mini franchise... :?:

You could follow his PROGRESS...&... Make him a POSTER BOY for the "mini franchise"
Banner AD... :idea: "He could sign a NON-COMPETE...to protect your investment.."

PLUS...you could "COACH"..him and Sub-out some work for PrIoRiTy .... 8)

He could be a "gUinIe pIg" for some of the ISSUES you willl face in your fRanChiSe venture.

Soooo...."What saY yOu.?"...Mr. GivEr.. :?:

I don't have any ..."FREE"......TM's & Van'S @ this TIME... :roll:

ps...If you won't do it for FREE... :oops:
Maybe he can help PAY for the FraNcHIsE..."Buy helping you with some marketing for FREE"
He is a "sElF-PrOcLaiMeD"...marketer...JUST LIKE YOU.... :roll: :mrgreen:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
HARPER said:

Why don't you take this kid.."uNdEr YouR WinG"...with a FREE mini franchise... :?:

You could follow his PROGRESS...&... Make him a POSTER BOY for the "mini franchise"
Banner AD... :idea: "He could sign a NON-COMPETE...to protect your investment.."

He could be a "gUinIe pIg" for some of the ISSUES you willl face in your fRanChiSe venture.

Maybe he can help PAY for the FraNcHIsE..."Buy helping you with some marketing for FREE"
Dear Harper and Brian,
I respect both of you. It appears you BOTH are very successful with your chosen business models. So a question for both of you:

Is there just ONE thread on this board that you two obsessed love-birds could not hi-jack with your incessant bickering? Even for the soap opera known as Mikeysboard that we all know and love it is getting a bit tiring.

Respectfully submitted,

Steve Toburen

PS Mikey: Could you put up a poll on whether others feel as I do?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Steve Toburen said:
HARPER said:

Dear Harper and Brian,
I respect both of you. It appears you BOTH are very successful with your chosen business models. So a question for both of you:

Is there just ONE thread on this board that you two obsessed love-birds could not hi-jack with your incessant bickering? Even for the soap opera known as Mikeysboard that we all know and love it is getting a bit tiring.

Respectfully submitted,

Steve Toburen

PS Mikey: Could you put up a poll on whether others feel as I do?

REaLLy want to DO THAT SteVE.... :roll:

You are ...THE WORST HiJaCkEr HERE..... :oops:

Brian & I are...JUST FINE... 8)

I am SoRRy if you are OFFENDED... :cry:

I also...feel BAD for you that your ...SCROLL bUttOn isn't woRkInG.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If ....."YOU"....feel that "MY"...post should be cEnSoReD... thathurts

Please...inform the ADMIN....so they may take the APPROITATE action... :idea:

respectfully yours
Harper

Ps Merry CHRISTMAS to you & yours... :!: :!: :!:

Pss "It ANNOYs ...me...that you ConTinUe to Mis-SpEll...you LAST NAME... :roll: "
"My spell-check....Keeps trying to cOrrEcT it to...GuRu... :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:

Just saw this thread...sorry it took me a while.

I'm actually talking to another cleaner about doing just that harp.
Just doing a test for a guy on my network to work out the kinks.
Using my Mini Franchise name etc and once it makes money we can do the deal.

I would be willing to talk to the gent here for the same but I don't want to over do it with too many deals.
I wouldn't mind working out a small % to me but I couldn't track it unless I do the full on sub deal like in my two areas.

He can PM me if intersted and I'll keep you and the others updated.

Bawb, I'll take down the cartoon if it really bugs you...the one in my signature right?

Edit: I guess there is always the honor system...I wouldn't rely on it of course but it would be something.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
GOOD FOR "U".... 8)

Merry Christmas...To Jen & your daughter... :!: :!: :!:

"Oh Ya."...........YOU TOO.... :p :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom