What would work

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Took a job without reading the fine print.

Have a job coming up that we cant use HWE or any kind of cleaning that would require a pad to be spun on the carpet. Moisture and static are the 2 biggest problems for this building. The doors can also not be held open so even using the Vac hose for anything is out of the question.

What do you think would work best on CGD but at the same time would be LOW MOISTURE and not require the use of a pad?

Encap with a encap machine?

I dont care what your idea please post it. This job will pay for any equipment we purchase to use so give your input.

R

rotovacguy

What about "dry" cleaning, like with a Host machine, or something similar.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Larry, did they say you could not Hot water extract? or no external hot water extraction? Also, I would propose the cimex package and use Rick's Test lab sheet to prove the safety and effectivness of the machine. If it comes down to warranty issue, any inspector is not going to refrute the lab testing, not legally anyway. Otherwise, crb machine encap,.. check out

http://www.excellentsupply.com the sprinter in their scrubbers might be a good option.. and another thought, an OP machine is not spinning per say on the carpet rather than osciallting and vibrating. You could also use a brush instead of pad on your rotary machine of choice say a cimex or 175 for the encap job.
This would keep you out of the pad spinning on carpet clause, does not say you can't use a brush.

Hope this pot of ideas works for you!

Edit: You said moisture and static are the two biggest problems in this building, obviously too much moisture is bad, but moisture in the form of humidity will solve the static problem.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I will have to check on the spinning brush thing.

There can be no HWE of any kind, There can be no doors open and I for sure am not about to argue warranty of some manufacturer to the US Government on a building that has $40 million worth of electronics in it.

The host system sounds good and I am also looking at encap but I will have to see if that's too much liquid for them.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yeah I guess Uncle Sam might win that argument. See Details man! But check it out, either way you go with host or a good encap juice, you are going to have to have a brush machine of some sort. Host has a machine just for their system. We carried the rental host for years and its amazed how much host I can still pull of carpets, when homeowners have hosted their carpets.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
find out who the manufacturer is and what their warranty guidelines recommend.

Most likely Whittakers are the tool of choice in most gov't jobs. Rotary action is usually forbidden or highly discouraged.

Host may be a viable option.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Was the carpet care guideline the concern or building guidelines? Building guidelines would have to be followed because they're trying to protect some sensitive equipment. Carpet guidelines could be just to protect an anti-static coating, which could easily be reapplied.

Thank your lucky stars the contract doesn't stipulate the carpet has to be clean.

Chads

Supportive Member
I dont know but for some reason "Resolve High Traffic Foam" comes to thought. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom