What would you bill for this job I just finished?

LeeCory

I just finished this job a couple days ago and would like to know how you guys would break down the billing, and how much you would charge based on the following info.

Got the call 10/9 7:30 A.M. Removed equipment 10/13 7:00 P.M.

509 square foot basement

Cat 3, Class 2 (City sewer plugged up, 8 condo's affected in a row)

Extracted 250 gallons and disposed off site at my own sanitary line. I didn't want to put it back down their drain if their sewer was plugged up.

Carried up and disposed of damaged sofa, removed contents (approx 25 boxes, clothes, misc), disposed of saturated area rug

Removed glue down carpet and Baseboards

Cleaned and disinfected

Large plastic containment with poles and lots of tape... :) Didn't work so well, ( Have to figure out a better way)

1 Phoenix 200 HT, 8 centrifugals, 1 air scrubber

Monitored twice a day

How would you guys do the pricing for something like this? Am I missing anything like charging for decontaminating my equipment?

Thanks guys!

KeithCo

Name
Keith Collins
LeeCory said:
I just finished this job a couple days ago and would like to know how you guys would break down the billing, and how much you would charge based on the following info.

Got the call 10/9 7:30 A.M. Removed equipment 10/13 7:00 P.M. :arrow: Initial call after hours $237

509 square foot basement

Cat 3, Class 2 (City sewer plugged up, 8 condo's affected in a row)

Extracted 250 gallons and disposed off site at my own sanitary line. I didn't want to put it back down their drain if their sewer was plugged up. :arrow: If you pumped it out it .76 per gallon. If you extracted it's 1.69 per sq. ft. Disposal you could probably charge a couple hundred bucks since it is a bid item in Xactimate.

Carried up and disposed of damaged sofa, removed contents (approx 25 boxes, clothes, misc), disposed of saturated area rug :arrow: You could go $72 per hr per tech as it is contaminated/haz

Removed glue down carpet and Baseboards :arrow: $1.16 per ft

Cleaned and disinfected :arrow: $.80 per ft.

Large plastic containment with poles and lots of tape... :) Didn't work so well, ( Have to figure out a better way) :arrow: .72 per ft. PVC and or zip poles do work well

1 Phoenix 200 HT, 8 centrifugals, 1 air scrubber :arrow: $101 per day on the dehu, $32 per day on the fans $120 per day on the scrubber and $209 for new filter
Monitored twice a day :arrow: $48 an hour

How would you guys do the pricing for something like this? Am I missing anything like charging for decontaminating my equipment? :arrow: Decontaminate $32 per piece

Thanks guys!

There's probably a few more line items I could think of if I was familiar with the job.
Your area price list is probably lower than mine.
The keys to a successful job of this type is to make sure it's clean, dry, and the adjuster
has your bill on his desk within 3 days of pulling your eq.

Keith

LeeCory

Thanks Fred, Richard, and Keith! Lots of great information.

Yes I took pictures of everything, and the adjuster didn't care to show up or be involved.

Back
Top Bottom