What would you do with this machine

S

sam miller

Re: Re: What would you do with this machine

!dork!
joeynbgky said:
Mikey P said:
joeynbgky said:
I have heard over 8 similar stories with these machines.

8? :shock: no kidding, you must be a real super star in the truckmount repair business there Joey.

I've heard of heating issues with SS units 2 times
Yup.. I simply read about them on several carpet cleaning forums.. lmao.. I didn't say I had first hand experience.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Same post 3 different places add up Doah!

S

sam miller

Previous thread about a ss570. My distributor ended up taking back the 454 and upgrading the guy to a 570 and was real happy about it zero problems much better liquid cooled.

It could be a scale and bypass issue. machine gets to hot takes time to cool down I would shut the diverter off but i thing its an auto diverter probably sticking!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Sonrise1 said:
Turns out my warranty runs out the end of April this year since I purchased the original machine April 2010. I now have 230 hours on the new replacement machine.

Jerry

No new warranty?!? At least they have confidence in your new replacement machine.. :roll: :oops:

I would expect at least the first 1,000 hours to be generally trouble free on any truck mount purchase.

Name
BradFenstermaker
DUMP THAT PIECE OF CRAP! We have enough problems to deal with day in and day out.

Work something out on a pro-rated buy back. Your gonna get the short end but its better than losing your mind every month.

I have only owned 2 brands of TM's so not sure what to suggest. The simpler the better, nothing like being a mechanic first, carpet cleaner 2nd.

Good luck but I say move to other manufacturer. 2 machines is 1 to much.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Doug Cox said:
Robert- I was speaking about Powerclean specifically, not their distributors.

My dealer must have ordered a shit load of extras....including the infamous "diverter flaps" and gaskets. I never needed their help after about 4 years......about when they started to fall apart as a builder/distributor. When I did call, I needed to talk to Jim Nape, but he wasn't available much. They would put a new tech on the line that really didn't know the older machines.

eziway

Name
will moase
At the 200 hr mark my 454 also started overheating and would shut down while cleaning . We tried many things before we found the float in the water box was defective and was allowing the water box to run dry of water . Sapphire sent me a new float and it is still working perfect a 1000 hrs later....just something you should check.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Jerry,

It sounds like you got it fixed. I'm sorry for all the trouble you've had with the SS.

I remember meeting you in Nashvile 2 years ago. Looks like you bought the SS at that Mikeyfest.

I can't believe all the advice you got here about dumping that machine, buy this other machine, etc. It's easy for them to say. It isn't their situation and their money.

I'll bet you will have smooth sailing from here on out, especially once you get used to some of the peculiarities of your system.

Now go make some money with it again.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Lee Stockwell said:
I eliminated two such sensors on each of our Prochem 405s. I hate ANYTHING that shuts the engine down without leaving a clear indication of WHY it did so. Two mechanical popoffs are redundant enough.

Your truck will be just fine without it. Check your fluids...clean carpets.

If someone wants to rig a gizmo to put on a light show and play "Yankee Doodle" that's just dandy. Just DON'T shut my machine off while I'm working!

this is why I recommended being a tad more mechanically inclined. if a guy was he would have tried unplugging that and figured out the problem. I don't think unplugging sensors is a good idea. just learn how the machine works better.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Lee Stockwell said:
akgolfpro said:
Wow, I'm glad to own a CDS!

Oh boy...I can just imagine. Machine shuts down "for no reason"...AND I'm stranded 20 miles past Podunk.

The only 2 reasons a CDS ever shuts down, either the waste tanks full, or the motor blew up...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Quit teasing the slide in guys!

I've had both Hydramaster CDS's and Butlers and if you run them long enough you have the same typical problems with side in's. I've replaced blowers, pressure pumps, heat exchangers, guages, pressure regulator's, accumulators, an electric clutch, switches, guages, belts.

They are much simpler to operate and do have fewer problems than side-in's but wear parts still wear out on them. !gotcha!

Chris A

Name
Chris
My response was geared more towards Lee's "shut down without warning while stranded" comment. Obviously the components have a similar life span...

Name
Lee Stockwell
On our Butler it was seized clutch, broken belt, and once burned wires, again clutch related.

Rich is right, "wear parts" wear, on any machine.

I also suspect Chris' good experience has more than a little to do with his mechanical ability to spot trouble before it's "Trouble" with a capital T.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've had the clutch issues, been fortunate not to run into the burned wires or the like. the first HM CDS we had ran the engine at 2600 RPM, that truck had some issues but we've been lucky enough to only be really stranded once (the truck shot a pulley through the radiator...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom