What Would You Do?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I do mostly commercial, but I'm going to try and bust in a bit more on the residential. Thanks to Wayne Miller, I've got some pretty good templates to work with, but I sort of am at a loss on how to "set the gaff". I was thinking a 2 room and hall deal, say $90 to a maximum of 400SF, or a 3 cushion sofa, they pick. At the very least I'll know how much of an area I'm facing and getting a survival rate for cleaning while building a base and opening a door.Or do I offer a sliding scale discount say 10 off of 100? 20 off 200? I've tried that before and response was horrible, while a price in front of the face gets me in an open door to work on from there and it's all up to my sales skills from there. (I always go in with the attitude that the job is mine- Let's set the price and organize it, works well)

Mr.V

offer the most thorough carpet cleaning or it's free

then scare them into thinking the dust mites are gonna get em

tell them all the other cleaners are Hacks

then give em some booties and a spotter.....................

but seriously all I ever did was offer a "fall special" or before xmas special or whatever and list a higher price as the regular price

then list the price you always charge as the "sale" price with a limited time offer

kinda slimey but it works 4 me

it aint easy bein greasy

Name
I'm Rick James
You can do "call us about our $90 special".

Basically you gotta know *who* is your target market? "Women/housewifes" So put yourself in a womens shoes, what are they looking for? How big your TM is? Naw. They want someone they can trust in their house and trust that will do a good job and be on time with quick dry times. They could be looking for green products because they have pets and kids. There are certain triggers that you can use to help get the women to decide to use your business over the other guys. Coming up with a magic bullet ad is tough, but just keep in mind who is most likely to call you. Ask your wife, sister, women friends what they look for.

Hope it works out for you.

John Watson

Just stay up there in Canadia where you belong, If you need more area I guess you could move down into Brevic's back yard and teach him a thing or two..

steve r

what ever your sale price will be thats what youll en up doing the most.if you advertise a 2 room special youll be oing 2 room jobs most of the time.

you might want to aim higher but i dont know your area.i do a 3 room and hall special thats the only price i advertise and i do a lot of them.i also get a lot of add ons but that gets me in the door and i make money on it if i dont.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Instead of going after the broad residential market instead inform all your commercial customers that you also do homes. In all of my commercial accounts I make it known that I do residential too.Its better to work that angle VS marketing to the masses I say.

If you are doing commercial offices make sure you stick your magnet on the file cabinets and liberally disperse your cards thru out the building.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Walrus said:
If you are doing commercial offices make sure you stick your magnet on the file cabinets and liberally disperse your cards thru out the building.

Jimmy- Don't you also leave your dirty underwear in the boss' secretarys desk to seal the deal?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom