What would you do?

Becker

Name
Becker
Guy calls. Wants a rental cleaned.

Get off the phone with him, then realize...

Heck I have worked for this guy before.

Got stuck on 2 places I did for him.

In other words. I did 2 places for him a few years ago.

Then he disappeared.

Never paid.

I'll tell ya what I did in a bit, and what I will do now that I have more than one contact number for him.

Becker

Name
Becker
A little more detail on this job..

Key over door.

Call me later, I'll pay by credit card. ( same as before )

Tax record search showed the property was not in the guys name that wanted to hire me.

Hmmm

John Watson

Worked once, lets try it again...

Call him back asap and get his card number before the job and then add the other 2 in after, you might have a to fight the CC company but that is the only chance you got... if you still have your old work orders and job notes..

Becker

Name
Becker
LOL.. 600-700 jobs on avg per year steady for the past 6 plus years. ( only been here 8 )
One bad egg..

I guess you are right.

Your son still working for Stanley Steemer?

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
No He is not working for Steemer any more- he moved on to other things....

Seriously though, what are you doing with your client base here when you leave?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
3 things you can do...
1. Before you do the job get the card. You can lead him to believe the job is done without actually telling him that.

2. Do the job and hope for the best

3. meet him there and kick the crap outa him.

oh you could also not do the job, or tell him to pay the others and that one before you clean.

If you get the card, you may run it for the other ones...which is illegal in this state.

Take the high road Bro.

Tell him he owes you money and you can't do the work until he pays you.

The job ain't worth the slob.

Fred Homan

Be blunt and say....You still owe me for 2 other jobs that you never paid me for. Either he pays up or you tell him he is an A$$hole.... :D

Tell him you had a fire in one of the rooms and he should get there ASAP. Take down his plate and have his past bill in hand and say we need to settle this now when he shows up.

Name
Nate W.
The Great Oz said:
Just tell him the place was flooded when you got there. :twisted:

Sick, very sick mind. I have to meet you one day. :wink:

I'd be blunt and tell him he owes you money for the past jobs. Or, tell him you can't find the key to the place and have a plain clothes sheriff serve him papers when he shows up. Either way, A$$, cash or grass, No one rides for free. :lol:

Rex Tyus

ODIN said:
tell him he has to be there and you don't show up

or

be up front with him and ask him about the other times???????

DITTO! It would depend on how my week was going as to which I did. Plus his past record before those incidents.

TimP

I'd tell him that it's your policy for rentals to pay up front with cash. Or some other excuse for him to pay you up front with Cash.

I wouldn't take a cc or a check from someone who obviously scammed you before.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Tell him as soon as he pays you for the past jobs and prepays you for the new one (all in cash) you would be happy to put him on your schedule. Until he makes good no more work and nothing on your sched.

Ken

hogjowl

Idiot™
I hate threads like this. I'm still waiting on Rob Allen to tell us what that thing is on his hip (over on ICS), and now Becker is playing games here.

IT AIN'T ALL ABOUT YOU AND ROB, BECKER!

jayjacques

TimP said:
I'd tell him that it's your policy for rentals to pay up front with cash. Or some other excuse for him to pay you up front with Cash.

I wouldn't take a cc or a check from someone who obviously scammed you before.

Then when he gives you the cash, say thank you very much for paying me for the last job, and just walk out. Seriously.

Farenheit251

At least he is loyal. Every summer I save dozens of tenants from losing their deposit. Always tell them please remember me=not everyone would work this hard for you. They never call back.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Brian Robison said:
Careful of the guy because...
How you do anything is how you do everything.

What is that supposed to mean? Are you involved with some kind of new age, zen-like marketing guru cult?

steve r

call him and tell him its done and see if he pays.if he does then go clean it or just keep the money and tell him he owes you one more.

RandyHilburn

I think Jay nailed it. When he gives you the cash, give him the past due invoices and walk away! However, my guess is that a scammer will never give you cash.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Call back
"Hi this is Don Becker I am sorry Ma'am but I went through my database and there is an ammount owed on that property from the last time I was there. Has the property changed hands? It has well our policy has changed your estimate is $178 and for the first time we will need payment up front Can I get your card number from you?."

Woman
"I am sorry the property hasn't changed hands I didn't realize it was your company that was here last. I wish I had known it was you, you did such a shitty job last time my husband refused to pay. Did you clean it borax and a shop vac that was glogged or something. I had to pay some guy Todd twice the amount just to fix your hack job. Good Bye"

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Matt Murdock said:
Call back
"Hi this is Don Becker I am sorry Ma'am but I went through my database and there is an ammount owed on that property from the last time I was there. Has the property changed hands? It has well our policy has changed your estimate is $178 and for the first time we will need payment up front Can I get your card number from you?."

Woman
"I am sorry the property hasn't changed hands I didn't realize it was your company that was here last. I wish I had known it was you, you did such a shitty job last time my husband refused to pay. Did you clean it borax and a shop vac that was glogged or something. I had to pay some guy Todd twice the amount just to fix your hack job. Good Bye"

Thats funny shit but happens

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rhino1 said:
Brian Robison said:
Careful of the guy because...
How you do anything is how you do everything.

What is that supposed to mean? Are you involved with some kind of new age, zen-like marketing guru cult?

It means that if someone is doing something one way...chances are they will do everything that way.

didn't pay the first time? Probably won't pay the second time.
Unless he found jesus or something.

There you go!! What would Jesus do???

Light the dude on fire and send him to hell. :D

Becker

Name
Becker
Sorry guys, Got busy with other things.

Ok,,

So I set the job for cleaning, he said can I give you my card number.
I say sure.
I take down all the info, address ( not a property I have been to for him )
Gets time for the card, he sez his wallet is with his wife.
I say, no problem, I will call you once I get to the property with a total. YOu can give me the card then.

I then get off the phone, and realize the name.

I wait till the next day, call. No answer. call again no answer.

I don't clean.

He then sends his wife to check the property. She sees it is not cleaned. He calls.
He leaves a dirty message. How dare I not show up.. Blaaa Blaaa blaa.
I miss the call, but then call right back.
I tell him why I did not clean it.
He thinks for a min...
Oh, well I'm driving now.
I offer to send him copies of the invoices, and he said he will call back with a credit card number.
I did, and have yet to hear form him.

I do a little digging.
Property in question is not in his name, i find another property in his name that was just foreclosed on. (dec 08)
So, I'm wondering. Was he the renter, was he hoping to get it cleaned for free. But then recover the deposit?

Ohwell.

So. Long story short I did not clean the property.
But I did gather a great deal of information on him.
Biggest being the name of his company, and mailing addresses were I can have him served for small claims.

I will send him another email next week, giving him the option to pay before I move forward with small claims.

Back
Top Bottom