What would you get?

Mikey P

Administrator
I need to sell the Vortex and get a truck that..
-dual wands very effectively
-needs to drive/handle be?ter than the UD
-can carry all my tile stuff and extra crap
-needs to put out 210 or so with two ten flow wands
-can be used or new but not cost more than 75k
-needs to be able to drive on narrow, steep mountain roads.....

Gimmie your ideas!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
You can have this for 35K... :idea:

Less the 405 in the front.... !gotcha!

Then you put all you STUFF in the FRONT... :!:

Or live in it...When Paula KIcKs you ARSE to the CuRb... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

HarperCarpetCleaning0102.jpg

260.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Remember the Dual 47 post heat QUAD WANDER i had you all convinced that i built......200 gal DUAL wastetanks

it IS doable 8)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
HARPER said:

Or live in it...When Paula KIcKs you ARSE to the CuRb... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

260.jpg

If he had to have the back bumper raised to stop it from dragging on the UD ..he would probably rip the side step right off the truck..........

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Service Master van set-up and 2 C-4s. That's what I'd roll with.

Name
Nate W.
I'd drive to Utah and buy Draper's one... If he doesn't sell, shoe him some cement boots... Luv ya Drape's... :lol:

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Try the white magic wm320 with v8 and 59 blower and dual heat exchangers all in a cube van. The design is bullet proof.

S

sam miller

http://www.***************/store/steamb ... -8990.html

http://www.truckmountdepot.com/The-C4.html

These beast are hot not sure how great for upholstery

You would have to check the heat on a Saffire but its footprint maybe the smallest.

http://sapphirescientific.com/Content_003.aspx?cid=1377

870ss has a 5009 blower and a big air cooled engine not sure about 20 flow at 210 maybe add a propane heater to boost water temp.

The dragon would do 240 at 20 flow with the diesel heater no problem.

I would think saffire would be fine. Smaller 2 and a half feet wide would leave more room for water tank tile tools ect. ect.

Ps I would struggle picking any of these remember the smaller blower units have no back flow still 500 cfm to 800 is huge difference

Maybe a used box truck save some money there.

S

sam miller

My new chevy 6.0 engine is a beast my 405 is 1200 lbs and my 2500 van has no problems with weight some hills around here very manuverable. Get an extended version push it to a 3500. I hook my tile wand to roof.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim Martin said:
HARPER said:

260.jpg

If he had to have the back bumper raised to stop it from dragging on the UD ..he would probably rip the side step right off the truck..........

The reason he would have to "shorten" the rear bumper...is for severe inclines... !gotcha!

The vanity steps are NOT effected by this problem... :!:
Simply put...They are a NON factor in that issue...!
We have NEVER had an issue with clearance...
The steps are "higher" than MOST passenger cars & trucks... :idea:

just sayin... :mrgreen:

C

cucu

2 used 06 sprinters swb(they have gas motors in them) with a judson in each

A box truck with 2 TNT LP Super Duty 200

The Judson TNT LP Super Duty 200 consists of a larger 225 gallon recovery tank, compared to a 120 gallon tank, a larger vacuum blower, a 4L or a 47. 450 cfm compared to 300 cfm on a standard Judson TNT.

25 HP LP motor 1.2 GPH

Little Giant #4HT LP Heater .5 TO .9 GPH

1.7 TO 2.1 GPH, HOLDING 240 HIGH FLOW

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I'm not going to enter the TM part of the debate. On the vans -

I was dead set on doing 2-3 box vans in my fleet until I got my first 170" Sprinter. Tons of room, more than most people believe until they see one set-up. They have a turning radius within 2-3 feet of standard vans, and are going to handle narrow roads a good bit better than any box I have ever driven. I just looked at a 3500 170" extended. Though I wouldn't have a need to do so, I probably could put two TM's in and still have a lot of usable space in it.

They are low enough to be super easy to get in and out of, the side slider door opens to just under 4' wide, and the rear doors swing 270 to the side of the body.

Here's a chart with the models, size, payload etc

http://www.mbsprinterusa.com/sprinter/c ... -wb-ext/24

I may still do a box van with a flood sucker at some point, but it will still be a sprinter, found a pretty sweet stepside sprinter box from a company local to me - I haven't asked if they can add side doors, but I can't see them not having side doors as an option.

http://sprinterguy.files.wordpress.com/ ... rinter.jpg

There's a sweet 08 3500 170 EXT with 61k going for about $32k in FL right now - the engine isn't fully broken in for another 4k ;)

I don't know if I'd buy one new - though these things hold their value really well, and they are more so now than ever because of the $4/gal fuel.

Good luck on the sale and putting the new rig together !

S

sam miller

Back to space savings two machines versus one the difference is heat I would go with the saffire and add a propane heater or diesel heater less fuel cost's more space and when your singles wanding you wont need the extra heater

http://www.***************/store/little ... -4945.html

http://www.***************/store/norths ... -4937.html

then your truck footprint could be smaller less gas more saving's.

I personally dont think You'll get the kinda heat you need without burning fossil fuel with that high of flow.

PS unless You have a vortex

Name
Jesse
I would have Les build a custom and put it in a ford LCF with a 5.4 v-8
-Water cooled blower pulling 20hg
-200+ gallon tanks
-8gpm+ water pump
-APO
-A burner from Duane
-2 500ft vac hose reels
-1 simple hx of some sort that would take the chill off the water and supply warm water without the burner running. No solenoids or anything to complicate the heat system. I can think of a few ways to do this.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
sam miller said:
You would have to check the heat on a Saffire but its footprint maybe the smallest.

http://sapphirescientific.com/Content_003.aspx?cid=1377

870ss has a 5009 blower and a big air cooled engine not sure about 20 flow at 210 maybe add a propane heater to boost water temp.

I would think saffire would be fine. Smaller 2 and a half feet wide would leave more room for water tank tile tools ect. ect.

Maybe a used box truck save some money there.

Mike, that Sapphire Scientific 870SS has your name on it. Like Sam said, just get a good used box truck, you don't need a new one for a slide in. This is the slide-in Vortex you've been waiting for without the Shaun-drama, just a solid company to back it up:

Model 870SS High Pressure Truckmount
Powerplant Ford TSG-416 4 cyl. 63 HP 1.6 L liquid-cooled engine operating at 2600 RPM
Vacuum pump MD Pneumatics 5009 850 CFM
Solution pump General 2500 psi, 5.6 gpm
Waste tank 120 gal. marine-grade aluminum
Frame construction 2 in. steel box tubing with powder-coat finish
Console dimensions (W × H × D) 30 × 43 × 52 in. | 76 × 109 × 132 cm

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mikey P said:
I need to sell the Vortex and get a truck that..
-dual wands very effectively
-needs to drive/handle be?ter than the UD
-can carry all my tile stuff and extra crap
-needs to put out 210 or so with two ten flow wands
-can be used or new but not cost more than 75k
-needs to be able to drive on narrow, steep mountain roads.....

Gimmie your ideas!

Give me 75k and ill have it ready for you in 3 weeks.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Being able to fit down narrow roads and driveways might eliminate using a truck with dual rear wheels. If so you'll need a sprinter or a single wheel cutaway van. It would help having a taller box than you're accustomed to with a Vortex since you can go up with storage space instead of going wide.

Knowing your version of a dual wand slide in will take up some room in that narrower space, the cab-over you could get with a taller cutaway/box would be helpful storage. Mounting belly tanks for fresh water and waste water recovery would free up floorspace as well.

Or just get two teeny slide-ins in Transit Connects. I'm sure you can market small as well as you marketed big.

PS: Maybe have your favorite truckmount builder design a vertical unit that uses the extra verticle space in a high box to reduce the footprint.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mike, when are you going to listen to me and buy two vehicles with separate everything?

For the life of me I can't imagine why you would want to handcuff yourself to a "dual wand" out of one rig. :|

If it's residential you should be able to put a machine in a single van to handle the dual wand without overkilling it.
Commmercial?....Bring both vehicles and you can set up on separate sides of the building.

If you listen to me now, I won't have to make fun of you later.

For $75,000.00 you could have 2 awesome set ups....if "awesome set ups" are what you're into.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
he's RIGHT Mikey.........
while yor guys are are out cleanin'.....should an emergency call come in...
you HAVE the option of taking the other out as needed...BESIDES....
having a back up TRUCK.....is nice!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom